Incoming Erasmus students Intra EU
Addressed to Erasmus students getting ready to come to Palermo, these pages offer useful advice on dealing with administrative formalities, as well as a brief, step-by-step memorandum on the current enrolment procedure.
The following procedures are valid if your University has an Agreement with Palermo University.
Students coming from an EU country are considered as Erasmus incoming students, while students coming from an extra-EU country are considered Exchange incoming students.
We are sorry to inform you that, due to the restrictive measures about Covid19, the International Relations Office is currently unable to attend incoming students arriving in Palermo.
We invite you to contact us by e-mail at the following address email@example.com in order to carry out the check-in procedures
According to the decisions taken by the Regional Committee of the Universities of Sicily (CRUS) last February 8th,due to the spread of the virus SARSCOV-2, we communicate that the educational activities will be delivered in mixed mode, in compliance with the decisions of the National Erasmus Agency. In particular, it is provided that the lessons relating to the first years of the bachelor degree courses and the single cycle courses (laurea magistrale a ciclo unico) will be carried out in presence, in compliance with the current safety protocols; in any case, the possibility of attending the lessons online will be maintained too, with synchronous learning modes.
In this way, the data collected will be transferred to the Directors of the Departments and to the Study Course Coordinators, in order to let them plan the schedules of the lessons according to the available classrooms. It is confirmed the possibility of carrying out in presence the technical-laboratory activities in compliance with the current safety protocols.
The beginning of the lessons of the second semester is set for the 1st of March 2021. These decisions may be updated in case of subsequent measures issued by the competent authorities.
After having completed the check-in procedures, you will be able to attend the lessons and to connect yourself with teachers and colleagues through the Microsoft Teams platform.
The partner University must send an e-mail to our International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) informing us about the nomination/s of the Erasmus or Exchange student/s. The e-mail should include all the student's details (name and surname, gender, date of birth and nationality, e-mail address, period of stay, study area).
After the nomination, students will receive an e-mail with the information about the application procedures.
- 1st Semester: 30th June
- 2nd semester: 30th November
Application as Incoming Students - Erasmus+ intra EU
Once you received an acceptance e-mail from the International Office at Palermo University you will be invited to apply as an erasmus student at Palermo University.
In this page, you can find all the current Erasmus agreements.
If you do not receive any acceptance message, ask your home University to check if you have been nominated.
Before arriving checklist
- Make sure that your application has been successful. Without receiving our acceptance e-mail, you will be not accepted as an Erasmus student.
- Before leaving to Palermo, visit the website of the Italian Ministry of Health or contact the Italian Embassy in your own country in order to be informed about Covid-19 measures in Italy and visit the website of Palermo Airport for any entry regulation.
- If you are a Medicine student, in addition to the measures foreseen by the Italian Ministry of Health, you have to follow the Regulations containing the safety measures adopted by the "P. Giaccone" University Hospital.
BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL, you will be requested to produce the following health documentation:
- blood tests: CBC (Complete blood count), glucose (fasting), creatinine, Alanine aminotransferase (ALT), Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), bilirubin (total and fractionated), hepatitis B markers (HBsAg and anti HBs Ab), antiHCV Ab, anti HIV Ab, performed no earlier than 15 days before the first access date to the "P. Giaccone" University Hospital;
- intradermal Mantoux test;
- Certification of negative result to SARS-CoV-2 nasopharyngeal swab test, carried out no earlier than five days before to the first access to the "P. Giaccone" University Hospital;
- vaccination record (photocopy) and specific-antibody response;
This documentation must be sent by e-mail to the AOUP Occupational Medicine Operational Unit for the necessary and consequent authorization.
At your arrival
Steps to be followed after your arrival and other useful information
1. At your arrival you have to go to the International Relations Office (Viale delle Scienze, Building n°3, 1st floor, room n°13, from Monday to Friday, from 9.00 o’clock to 12.30), handing in:
- your passport or other identity document
- your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) for medical assistance
- Then you will receive your arrival certificate and all useful information
We are sorry to inform you that, due to the restrictive measures about Covid19, the International Relations Office is currently unable to attend incoming students arriving in Palermo. We invite you to contact us by e-mail at the following address email@example.com in order to carry out the check-in procedures.
After the check-in, you will be able to attend the lessons and to connect yourself with teachers and colleagues through the Microsoft Teams platform.
Furthermore, if you are a Medicine student, in the phase of first access to the internship you have to: ✔ declare that you have not been in quarantine or home isolation in the last 14 days; ✔ declare that you have not been in contact with positive people, as far as it knows, in the last 14 days; ✔ declare that you have not respiratory symptoms or fever above 37.5 ° C in the current day and in the three previous days; ✔ always wear the FFP2 type mask for the entire stay in the University spaces; ✔ always respect the spacing of at least 1 meter (including movement space) with all staff. The self-declaration, duly filled in and signed, must be delivered to the Responsible for the internship who will take care to archive and keep it for 14 days in order to record, if necessary, any close contacts.
2. Go to the main Canteen “SANTI ROMANO” for the release of the canteen card with your arrival certificate. The office is located in the University campus, Viale delle Scienze, Building 1, first floor. The office is open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning from 09,00 a.m. until 12,30 a.m. and on Wednesday afternoon from 3,00 p.m. until 4,30 p.m..
3. Go to your Department and speak with your Coordinator. This is the most important step because your coordinator will talk to you about educational information: lectures, examinations, credits, etc..Don’t forget to ask him/her to APPROVE your learning agreement on line in order to let you attend the lessons and give the exams. Get information about class timetable available in the website section dedicated to the study area you have chosen or refer to the specific programme website. Check the exam timetable through your personal webpage UNIPA by login with the University credential assigned by the Erasmus office at your arrival.
4. Contact ITASTRA for your Italian language course: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.itastra.unipa.it; Tel: +39 091 23869601 Address: Piazza Sant'Antonino n° 1 - 90134 Palermo. Learning the Italian language is very important for your mobility period! Even if you have the requested level we advise you to participate to the language course hold at the beginning of every semester. The Italian language course for the students attending the winter semester and full year will take place in September. The level test will be held on September and classes will start on September.
5. Accomodation: You can find information on: Accomodation Unipa
6. Health Care: in case of need, you can book a specialist examination at the Ambulatorio Medico Universitario:Univerisity Medical Clinic
7. University Sport Center: Cus Palermo
8. ESN (Erasmus Student Network): email@example.com; www.esnpalermo.com. The Erasmus Students Association is a student network that takes care of incoming students and can provide them help to find accommodation, language exchange, etc.;
For any doubt or problem concerning your stay in Palermo, please contact us: Contacts.
Before leaving Palermo
Steps to be followed before leaving Palermo
1. Send an e-mail to your Unipa Tutor/ Coordinator and ask for an appointment informing about the date of your leave.
2. Go to the appointment with your Tutor/ Coordinator at Unipa and collect your signed Transcript of records with all examinations and credits you got.
3. After collecting the signed “Transcript of records”by your Tutor/Coordinator, Then, come in person to the International Office in order to receive your Certificate of Stay. These documents are very important and you should bring the original ones to your home University (please check Office working times).
4. Collect your Transcript of records - a list of the educational activities you attended: exams, laboratories, etc. - at the International Relations and Agreements Office, that provides to mail it to your address, in case it should not be ready when you leave.