Incoming Erasmus Extra - EU
Erasmus+ programme for International Credit Mobility (ICM) promotes the implementation of mobility projects outside the EU, in line with the strategy for the internationalisation of higher education institutions.
Students of the three cycles (Bachelor, Master and PHD) will have the opportunity to spend a mobility period at some important Universities in non EU Countries all over the world.
Mobilities can last from a minimum of three months up to a maximum of 12 months per cycle of study. All details are defined in the call and in the annexes.
We are sorry to inform you that, due to the restrictive measures about Covid19, the International Relations Office is currently unable to attend incoming students arriving in Palermo.
We invite you to contact us by e-mail at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org in order to carry out the check-in procedures
According to the decisions taken by the Regional Committee of the Universities of Sicily (CRUS) last February 8th,due to the spread of the virus SARSCOV-2, we communicate that the educational activities will be delivered in mixed mode, in compliance with the decisions of the National Erasmus Agency. In particular, it is provided that the lessons relating to the first years of the bachelor degree courses and the single cycle courses (laurea magistrale a ciclo unico) will be carried out in presence, in compliance with the current safety protocols; in any case, the possibility of attending the lessons online will be maintained too, with synchronous learning modes.
In this way, the data collected will be transferred to the Directors of the Departments and to the Study Course Coordinators, in order to let them plan the schedules of the lessons according to the available classrooms. It is confirmed the possibility of carrying out in presence the technical-laboratory activities in compliance with the current safety protocols.
The beginning of the lessons of the second semester is set for the 1st of March 2021. These decisions may be updated in case of subsequent measures issued by the competent authorities.
After having completed the check-in procedures, you will be able to attend the lessons and to connect yourself with teachers and colleagues through the Microsoft Teams platform.
The partner University must send an e-mail to our International Office (email@example.com) informing us about the nomination/s of the Erasmus or Exchange student/s. The e-mail should include all the student's details (name and surname, gender, date of birth and nationality, e-mail address, period of stay, study area).
After the nomination, students will receive an e-mail with the information about the application procedures.
- 1st Semester: 30th June
- 2nd semester: 30th November
Application procedures: Acceptance of students
The Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Programme enable students enrolled in a partner university to spend part of their studies at the University of Palermo. The partner university is responsible for selecting the students.
After students selection, the partner university sends a nomination letter to the University of Palermo with the following data: Name, surname, email address, date of birth, study field and level of studies.
For each candidate the following documents are requested:
- Learning agreement
- Updated CV
- Knowledge of English or Italian (depending on the teaching language of courses included on the learning agreement)
- Transcript of record
At the end of the procedure, you will receive a message concerning your enrolment. If you are enrolling for the first time, you will have to create an account by clicking on 'Create an account'. Once the account has been created, you can check your details and make changes if necessary, by inserting your username and password.
After the Erasmus Office has verified your details, you will receive a second message confirming your registration. You will also receive information on how to complete the enrolment and accommodation booking procedures
Reach an agreement with your faculty about the courses you will take in Palermo. Get in touch with your Erasmus coordinator at the University of Palermo, if you do not find any information about the available courses before leaving for Palermo
Ask your University for a certification attesting your Erasmus student and make status
Get your EHIC, the European Health Insurance Card for medical assistance, from the Health National Service of your country of residence
Get an Accident Insurance Certificate that is valid abroad. You can request it to your University, to a private insurance company or to the University of Palermo. Make sure that the insurance policy also covers injuries occurring during educational activities. Hand in your insurance policy to the Erasmus Office when you arrive at the University of Palermo.
Make sure that your passport or you identity card are valid and bring with you 2 passport size photos.
Contact by e-mail your Tutor at Unipa by checking in the following list the name and e-mail address. Please Inform about your arrival date and ask for a meeting.
Scholarship The Erasmus + projects provides the following financial support to the grant holders:
Monthly allowance of 850,00 Euro;
Health, accident and travel insurance valid during the entire mobility perio;
Round trip plane ticket between the grant holder's home country and Italy.
At your arrival
Steps to be followed after your arrival and other useful information
1. At your arrival you have to go to the International Relations Office (Viale delle Scienze, Building n°3, 1st floor, room n°13, from Monday to Friday, from 9.00 o’clock to 12.30), handing in:
- your passport or other identity document
- your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) for medical assistance.
- Then you will receive your arrival certificate and all useful information
2. Go to the main Canteen “SANTI ROMANO” for the release of the canteen card with your arrival certificate. The office is located in the University campus, Viale delle Scienze, Building 1, first floor. The office is open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning from 09,00 a.m. until 12,30 a.m. and on Wednesday afternoon from 3,00 p.m. until 4,30 p.m..
3. Go to your Department and speak with your Coordinator. This is the most important step because your coordinator will talk to you about educational information: lectures, examinations, credits, etc..Don’t forget to ask him/her to APPROVE your learning agreement on line in order to let you attend the lessons and give the exams. Get information about class timetable available in the website section dedicated to the study area you have chosen or refer to the specific programme website. Check the exam timetable through your personal webpage UNIPA by login with the University credential assigned by the Erasmus office at your arrival.
4. Contact ITASTRA for your Italian language course:firstname.lastname@example.org; www.itastra.unipa.it; Tel: +39 091 23869601Address: Piazza Sant'Antonino n° 1 - 90134 Palermo. Learning the Italian language is very important for your mobility period! Even if you have the requested level we advise you to participate to the language course hold at the beginning of every semester. The Italian language course for the students attending the winter semester and full year will take place in September. The level test will be held on September and classes will start on September.
5. Accomodation: You can find information on: Accomodation Unipa
6. Health Care: in case of need, you can book a specialist examination at the Ambulatorio Medico Universitario:Univerisity Medical Clinic
7. University Sport Center: Cus Palermo
8. ESN (Erasmus Student Network): email@example.com; www.esnpalermo.com. The Erasmus Students Association is a student network that takes care of incoming students and can provide them help to find accommodation, language exchange, etc.;
For any doubt or problem concerning your stay in Palermo, please contact us: Contacts.
Before arriving checklist
Steps to be followed before arriving at Palermo
1. Send an e-mail to your Unipa Tutor/ Coordinator and ask for an appointment informing about the date of your leave.
2. Go to the appointment with your Tutor/ Coordinator at Unipa and collect your signed Transcript of records with all examinations and credits you got.
3. After collecting the signed “Transcript of records”by your Tutor/Coordinator, Then, come in person to the International Office in order to receive your Certificate of Stay. These documents are very important and you should bring the original ones to your home University (please check Office working times).
4. Collect your Transcript of records - a list of the educational activities you attended: exams, laboratories, etc. - at the International Relations and Agreements Office, that provides to mail it to your address, in case it should not be ready when you leave.