Incoming Erasmus Extra - EU
Erasmus+ programme for International Credit Mobility (ICM) promotes the implementation of mobility projects outside the EU, in line with the strategy for the internationalisation of higher education institutions.
Students of the three cycles (Bachelor, Master and PHD) will have the opportunity to spend a mobility period at some important Universities in non EU Countries all over the world.
Mobilities can last from a minimum of three months up to a maximum of 12 months per cycle of study. All details are defined in the call and in the annexes.
News - Events - Communications
We are sorry to inform you that, due to the restrictive measures about Covid19, the International Relations Office is currently unable to attend incoming students arriving in Palermo.
We invite you to contact us by e-mail at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org in order to carry out the check-in procedures
Welcome Day 2023 - 2° sem
Mar 20, 2023
Oct 14, 2022
Welcome day - 1°sem
Oct 13, 2022
Jul 29, 2022
Rooms or apartment rentals
Apr 12, 2022
New rules to prevent Covid19
Dec 1, 2021
Feb 25, 2022
Welcome second semester
Mar 22, 2022
Erasmus Welcome Day
Oct 14, 2021
The partner University must send an e-mail to our International Office (email@example.com) informing us about the nomination/s of the Erasmus or Exchange student/s. The e-mail should include all the student's details (name and surname, gender, date of birth and nationality, e-mail address, period of stay, study area).
After the nomination, students will receive an e-mail with the information about the application procedures.
- 1st Semester: 30th June
- 2nd semester: 30th November
Application procedures: Acceptance of students
The Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Programme enable students enrolled in a partner university to spend part of their studies at the University of Palermo. The partner university is responsible for selecting the students.
After students selection, the partner university sends a nomination letter to the University of Palermo with the following data: Name, surname, email address, date of birth, study field and level of studies.
For each candidate the following documents are requested:
- Learning agreement
- Updated CV
- Knowledge of English or Italian (depending on the teaching language of courses included on the learning agreement)
- Transcript of record
Application for Erasmus Incoming
Video-Guide to enrol as Incoming Erasmus+ intra EU students (download English version)
At the end of the procedure, you will receive a message concerning your enrolment. If you are enrolling for the first time, you will have to create an account by clicking on 'Create an account'. Once the account has been created, you can check your details and make changes if necessary, by inserting your username and password.
After the Erasmus Office has verified your details, you will receive a second message confirming your registration. You will also receive information on how to complete the enrolment and accommodation booking procedures
Reach an agreement with your faculty about the courses you will take in Palermo. Get in touch with your Erasmus coordinator at the University of Palermo, if you do not find any information about the available courses before leaving for Palermo
Ask your University for a certification attesting your Erasmus student and make status
Get your EHIC, the European Health Insurance Card for medical assistance, from the Health National Service of your country of residence
Get an Accident Insurance Certificate that is valid abroad. You can request it to your University, to a private insurance company or to the University of Palermo. Make sure that the insurance policy also covers injuries occurring during educational activities. Hand in your insurance policy to the Erasmus Office when you arrive at the University of Palermo.
Make sure that your passport or you identity card are valid and bring with you 2 passport size photos.
Contact by e-mail your Tutor at Unipa by checking in the following list the name and e-mail address. Please Inform about your arrival date and ask for a meeting.
Scholarship The Erasmus + projects provides the following financial support to the grant holders:
Monthly allowance of 850,00 Euro;
Health, accident and travel insurance valid during the entire mobility perio;
Round trip plane ticket between the grant holder's home country and Italy.
At your arrival
Steps to be followed after your arrival and other useful information
At your arrival you have to go to the International Relations Office (Viale delle Scienze, Building n°3, 1st floor, room n°13, from Monday to Friday, from 9.30 o’clock to 12.30 map), handing in:
your passport or other identity document
your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) for medical assistance
Then you will receive your arrival certificate and all useful information
We are sorry to inform you that, due to the restrictive measures about Covid19, the International Relations Office is currently unable to attend incoming students arriving in Palermo. We invite you to contact us by e-mail at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org in order to carry out the check-in procedures.
Furthermore, if you are a Medicine student, in the phase of first access to the internship you have to:
✔ declare that you have not been in quarantine or home isolation in the last 14 days;
✔ declare that you have not been in contact with positive people, as far as it knows, in the last 14 days;
✔ declare that you have not respiratory symptoms or fever above 37.5 ° C in the current day and in the three previous days;
✔ always wear the FFP2 type mask for the entire stay in the University spaces;
✔ always respect the spacing of at least 1 meter (including movement space) with all staff.
The self-declaration, duly filled in and signed, must be delivered to the Responsible for the internship who will take care to archive and keep it for 14 days in order to record, if necessary, any close contacts.
1. Once you have done your check-in at the International Relations Office you are a real UNIPA Student! It means that since this moment you can use all UNIPA facilities;
2. Canteen. Go to the website and follow the steps.
You can find more details here
3. Only for Extra-EU Students: Residence permit. If you stay more than three months in Italy you need the “Permesso di Soggiorno”.
If you haven’t already obtained the residence permit, contact the “Welcome office” website, click on “Accoglienza e Orientamento Stranieri On Site” and fill in the form choosing the date you prefer and writing your data. The office is located in the university campus, Bldg 2, second floor, V.le delle Scienze, Palermo.
4. Go to your school and speak with your Departmental Coordinator.
This is the most important step because your coordinator will provide you with didactic information concerning classes, examinations, credits, etc..
In particular,check with your coordinator your online Learning Agreement, make some changes, if you need, and be sure that your learning agreement is approved online on our portal (portale della didattica) by your teacher coordinator.
5. Contact ITASTRA for your Italian language course:
- Tel: +39 091 23869601
- Address: Piazza Sant'Antonino n° 1 - 90134 Palermo
6. Accommodation: You can find information on: https://www.unipa.it/mobilita/en/useful-information/accomodation/.
7. Facilities. UniPA offers you services and facilities such as Unipa Medical Clinic, University Sport Center, University Language Services, UniPa Museums and Collections, etc.. You can find more details here
ESN (Erasmus Student Network): email@example.com; www.esnpalermo.com. ESN is a student network that takes care of incoming students and provides them with help for searching accommodation, linguistic tandem, etc.;
8. Psychological counselling. Psychological well-being is an important factor as well as physical wellness. Bearing this in mind, Unipa offers to the students psychological counselling with a psychotherapist. The service is offered in English. To book an appointment you can write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. At the end of your mobility period don’t forget to complete and collect all the documents you need for your University. Meet your Departmental Coordinator to receive your signed “Transcript of records” with all taken examinations and credits . Then, come personally to the International Relations Office to ask for your certificate of attendance. These documents are very important and you should take the original ones to your home University.
10. For any doubt or problem related to your staying in Palermo, please write to: email@example.com Contacts.
Before arriving checklist
Steps to be followed before arriving at Palermo
1. Send an e-mail to your Unipa Tutor/ Coordinator and ask for an appointment informing about the date of your leave.
2. Go to the appointment with your Tutor/ Coordinator at Unipa and collect your signed Transcript of records with all examinations and credits you got.
3. After collecting the signed “Transcript of records”by your Tutor/Coordinator, Then, come in person to the International Office in order to receive your Certificate of Stay. These documents are very important and you should bring the original ones to your home University (please check Office working times).
4. Collect your Transcript of records - a list of the educational activities you attended: exams, laboratories, etc. - at the International Relations and Agreements Office, that provides to mail it to your address, in case it should not be ready when you leave.