Homepage of MSc Degree Course in Electronics Engineering
Coordinator: Prof. Salvatore Stivala
Associate Professor - Department of Engineering
In order to start the pre-enrolment procedure, please visit the University Enrolment webpage reading carefully the information about Master's Degree courses.
For further information about enrolment procedures, contact the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Master Degree in Electronics Engineering, with around 60 years of history, offers an interdisciplinary training program, organized in two years, and articulated in four curricula (“Modern Electronics”, “Telecommunications”, “Bioelectronics” and “Robotics and mechatronics”). Thanks to the acquired skills, especially through laboratory activities, graduates in Electronics Engineering can easily find a job.
Graduates in Electronics Engineering provide the answer to the need for transversal skills, nowadays more and more required in the fields of smart cities, Internet of Things, big data, secure and ultra-broadband telecommunications networks, last generation electrical networks, smart and electrical vehicles, domotics, mechatronics, robotics, but also of diagnostic medicine, new production technologies and modern power plant engineering.
- The MODERN ELECTRONICS curriculum allows to work on the design, development and realization of electronic devices and systems, in different contexts including micro/nano electronics, electronic design, electronics for industry, energy and automotive. The graduates will have acquired a broad spectrum of knowledge, ranging from physics of semiconductors, to the technologies for designing and producing devices and circuits, to the electronic characterization methodologies and measurement equipment.
- The TELECOMMUNICATION curriculum allows to find a job on the design, development, production, operation and maintenance of telecommunications systems, network operators and ICT service providers offering wired and wireless communications, remote sensing and teletraffic control, network security, critpography, cybersystems, smart grids and network data services. The acquired knowledge and skills will pertain to different telecommunication fields: broadband communication systems, 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), innovative modulation techniques, signal processing, Internet and wireless networking technologies and services, optical fibers, mm-Wave transmission systems, wireless sensor networks (WSN), vehicular networks, underwater communications and sensors, communications for unmanned vehicles (e.g. drones, authonomous vehicules), artificial intelligence, software defined radios, network function virtualization, 5G edge computing, cloud and fog network offloading, content delivery networks, radar, antennae, satellite, wireless localization, body area networks, cyberphysical systems, blockchains, and system management.
- The BIOELECTRONICS curriculum allows to work both in industries, healthcare facilities, specialized clinical laboratories, and also in research centers and universities, with tasks concerning the design, production, management, testing and employment of biomedical sensors, instrumentation and medical software for monitoring of healthy or impaired people (also directly at home, i.e. ambient assisted living environment), for therapy or diagnostic support, and also for e-health and telemedicine. The knowledge and skills provided in the curriculum include a strong basic training in the electronic field, with specialized skills in the fields of sensors and diagnostic equipment, of electronics and Internet of Things (IoT) for biomedical applications (i.e. for acquiring, storing, handling and transferring biomedical data and signals), and of analysis, modeling and post-processing of signals, images and medical-biological data.
- The ROBOTICS AND MECHATRONICS curriculum allows to find a job in the automotive, nautical, avionic, railway and electromechanical sector, also for companies dealing with industrial or mobile robotics, or in research and development centers specialized in the automation sector. Within this curriculum, the approach of control and systems engineering is employed to deal with complex systems, managing the interaction among the various components of a system and optimizing its operation. The main knowledge and skills acquired will deal with the identification and filtering of dynamical systems, the modeling, analysis, simulation and control of the main mobile robotic platforms available nowadays, with specific reference to robotics architectures and to control algorithms for vehicles and aircrafts.
If you want to find information about BSc. course, please visit the homepage of BSc. course in Electronics Engineering (in Italian)
Italtel incontra i giovani talenti del Dipartimento di Ingegneria giorno 29/02/2024 in Aula Capitò dalle 9:00 alle 14:00. Oltre alla registrazione all'evento tramite il QR code presente nella locandina, gli studenti del CdS sono pregati di registrarsi anche utilizzando il seguente link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSewYQdG0kGGACQnnOkf7Kv5t5ByAUOI89J_-LeW3agcEH9Bdg/viewform?usp=sf_link
I Leonardo Labs sono Hub tecnologici dedicati alla ricerca e allo sviluppo delle tecnologie di frontiera e breakthrough. Una rete di laboratori di ricerca e sviluppo interconnessa con università, politecnici, centri di ricerca e imprese partner, per un ecosistema dell’innovazione in costante evoluzione.
I laboratori sono il motore propulsivo dell’innovazione, massimizzando la prossimità con i principali siti industriali di Leonardo e con i territori di riferimento. Gli hub alimentano un flusso continuo di talenti e assicurano flessibilità e rinnovamento di capacità e di competenze professionali. Un modello in base al quale giovani research fellows e dottorandi, di provenienza internazionale, lavorano insieme a esperti e tecnici all’interno dell’azienda.
Ultimamente, si sono aperte alcune interessanti opportunità.
Vi invitiamo a fare riferimento alla pagina web Bando internazionali per ricercatori Leonardo Lab | Leonardo, dove è presente l’elenco delle posizioni ricercate e – per ciascuna di esse – il link alla pagina di job description e application.
Si informano gli interessati che l'azienda Fiber Telecom è alla ricerca di studenti in Ingegneria Elettronica-ambito Telecomunicazioni per tirocini curriculari in Area NOC.
La scadenza per la presentazione delle candidature è fissata per giorno 2 febbraio 2024.
Maggiori informazioni negli avvisi di seguito riportati.
Per maggiori informazioni è possibile contattare la Prof.ssa Ilenia Tinnirello.
Si informano gli studenti che Giovedì 16 Novembre, alle ore 15.00, il Prof. Franciszek H. Szafraniec, della Universytetu Jagiellonskiego, Cracovia, terrà un seminario dal titolo "Coherent states in the reproducing kernel Hilbert space environment".
Maggiori informazioni nella locandina allegata
Si avvisano gli studenti interessati che domenica 26 novembre a partire dalle ore 10 avrà luogo l'evento "A scuola di ibrido", organizzato da Riolo Motors (locandina in allegato).
Students of the master's degree program in Electronics Engineering are informed that two internship positions are available at TIM. Place of internship is Turin, with possibility to work remotely. For more information and to apply, please contact Prof. Tinnirello (email@example.com).
The seminars are related to the Applied and Industrial Electronics C.I. course within International Master Degree in Electronics Engineering.
Students of the first and second year are invited to attend the seminar. After the final test, 1 credit (0,5+0,5) will be granted to participating students
Further details in the flyer.
Telecom Italia Sparkle S.p.A., al fine di stimolare la ricerca e promuovere la conoscenza delle infrastrutture sottomarine di comunicazione digitale, bandisce in partnership con l’Università degli Studi di Palermo la prima edizione dello “Sparkle Dissertation Award” con cui intende premiare tesi di laurea magistrale che offrano un contributo originale all’evoluzione del settore.
Tutte le informazioni sono reperibili nel bando.
Prof. Bagarello has organized a new cycle of seminars and students will be able to attend those they consider most interesting among the following:
1. Series of lectures held by Prof. Naomichi Hatano, of the University of Tokyo, entitled Recent tools in Quantum Mechanics. The lessons will be held between May 24 and June 21.
2. Series of lectures held by Prof. Hiroshi Inoue, of the University of Fukuoka, entitled Generalized Riesz systems and quasi bases in Hilbert space. The lessons will be held between May 24 and June 21.
3. Series of seminars held as part of the Workshop Functional Analysis and Quantum Physics: interplay, challenges, perspectives, scheduled from June 5 to June 9.
The list is subject to changes and additions. Details will be communicated to subscribers as soon as available.
Registration is mandatory. Please fill in the form (https://forms.gle/gR4Mz9Mv4DcPeV3s8) by May 15th
Students of the MSc in Electronic Engineering will receive 1 credit for each pair of seminars, after delivering a concise but exhaustive report to Prof. Bagarello for each seminar attended.
Further details are available here
The lectures held by Prof. Naomichi Hatano, Tokio University, titled "Physics of Open Quantum System" will orientatively be the following:
- 29 May 15-18
- 30 May 15-18
- 31 May 15-18
- 1 June 15- 18
- 12 June 10-12 e 15-17
- 13 June 10-12 e 15-17
- 14 June 10-12
- 15 June 10-13
Prof. Costantino De Angelis, Full Professor at the University of Brescia, will deliver a seminar on “Metaoptics: from fundamentals to applications”, on May 30th at 12:00.
Venue will be Viale delle Scienze, Bldg. 9, first floor, Aula Savagnone. Further information can be found here.
Si informano gli studenti interessati che giovedì 18 maggio 2023 alle ore 17.30 in aula B020 (Ed. 6) il Dr. hab. Ludovico Minati terrà un seminario dal titolo: "On nonlinear electronic circuits: some phenomena, experiments and applications".
Verrà attribuito 0.5CFU agli studenti iscritti al Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria Elettronica che seguiranno il seminario e consegneranno una breve relazione.
Maggiori informazioni nella locandina.
Prof. Kimon P. Valavanis, John Evans Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Denver, DU (https://ritchieschool.du.edu/), Denver (Colorado, United States), Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the United Kingdom Institute of Measurement and Control (https://www.instmc.org/default.aspx) will hold a seminar on “Navigation and Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs): A Comprehensive Approach” at UniPa, within the Double Degree Program between the University of Palermo and the University of Denver.
The schedule will be as follows:
- Wednesday, April 26th, 9:00-16:00 (in person and remotely);
- Thursday, April 27th, 9:00-16:00 (in person and remotely);
- Friday, April 28th, 9:00-16:00 (in person and remotely).
The venue will be Viale delle Scienze, Building 7, Room C330. Attendance in presence is strongly recommended. However MS Teams platform (passcode: kah7ruj) will be used in case remote students cannot join the seminar in presence.
A detailed program of the seminar is available here.
Moreover, one more hour (16: 00 to 17:00) will be reserved at the end of each day to evaluate the main topics presented, and Prof. Valavanis will be available for further discussions and conversations with the students. Students who attend the seminar lectures may apply for up to 3 credits (CFU), according to the rules of the MS Degree in Electronics Engineering program. Further information can be asked to Prof. Patrizia Livreri (tel.: 09123860249, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
2-nov-2023(English version below) Si ricorda a tutti gli studenti interessati che i CFU di tirocinio e/o altre attività formative vengono caricati in carriera mediante verbalizzazione. Gli studenti che hanno già maturato tali CFU devono compilare il form accessibile al seguente indirizzo: https://forms. ...
Herein you get a short summary of important information to guide you through the Master’s degree organization and make your University life easy and enjoyable.
9-apr-2021The Master’s Degree program in Electronics Engineering at the University of Palermo offers a training course taught entirely in English and divided into 4 curricula: Modern Electronics, Robotics and mechatronics, Bioelectronics and Telecommunications. ...
Herein you can find the digital version of UNIPA brochure presenting our University to foreign students that could be interested in enrolling our Degree Programs.
The brochure is written in a simple and basic language and provides students information about the University and the city, the international programs and the Ph.D. courses, together with the several services provided to the students.
Among the courses thaught enterely in English, we offer the MSc. program in Electronics Engineering.
9-apr-2021Palermo, the regional capital of Sicily, is one of those cities with its own very distinct atmosphere. ...
21-nov-2019The Master Degree in Electronics Engineering at the University of Palermo proposes a training course, taught entirely in English, divided into 4 curricula: Modern Electronics, Telecommunications, Bioelectronics and Robotics and Mechatronics. ...
You can find the most updated information and news about BSc. and MSc. degree courses in Electronics Engineering at the following site (BSc. in Electronics Engineering), in Italian language.