Homepage of MSc Degree Course in Electronics Engineering
Coordinator: Prof. Ing. Alessandro Busacca
Full Professor - Department of Engineering
In order to start the pre-enrolment procedure for A.Y. 2022/23, please visit the University Enrolment webpage reading carefully the information about Master's Degree courses.
For further information about enrolment procedures, contact the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Master Degree in Electronics Engineering, with around 60 years of history, offers an interdisciplinary training program, organized in two years, and articulated in four curricula (“Modern Electronics”, “Telecommunications”, “Bioelectronics” and “Robotics and mechatronics”). Thanks to the acquired skills, especially through laboratory activities, graduates in Electronics Engineering can easily find a job.
Graduates in Electronics Engineering provide the answer to the need for transversal skills, nowadays more and more required in the fields of smart cities, Internet of Things, big data, secure and ultra-broadband telecommunications networks, last generation electrical networks, smart and electrical vehicles, domotics, mechatronics, robotics, but also of diagnostic medicine, new production technologies and modern power plant engineering.
- The MODERN ELECTRONICS curriculum allows to work on the design, development and realization of electronic devices and systems, in different contexts including micro/nano electronics, electronic design, electronics for industry, energy and automotive. The graduates will have acquired a broad spectrum of knowledge, ranging from physics of semiconductors, to the technologies for designing and producing devices and circuits, to the electronic characterization methodologies and measurement equipment.
- The TELECOMMUNICATION curriculum allows to find a job on the design, development, production, operation and maintenance of telecommunications systems, network operators and ICT service providers offering wired and wireless communications, remote sensing and teletraffic control, network security, critpography, cybersystems, smart grids and network data services. The acquired knowledge and skills will pertain to different telecommunication fields: broadband communication systems, 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), innovative modulation techniques, signal processing, Internet and wireless networking technologies and services, optical fibers, mm-Wave transmission systems, wireless sensor networks (WSN), vehicular networks, underwater communications and sensors, communications for unmanned vehicles (e.g. drones, authonomous vehicules), artificial intelligence, software defined radios, network function virtualization, 5G edge computing, cloud and fog network offloading, content delivery networks, radar, antennae, satellite, wireless localization, body area networks, cyberphysical systems, blockchains, and system management.
- The BIOELECTRONICS curriculum allows to work both in industries, healthcare facilities, specialized clinical laboratories, and also in research centers and universities, with tasks concerning the design, production, management, testing and employment of biomedical sensors, instrumentation and medical software for monitoring of healthy or impaired people (also directly at home, i.e. ambient assisted living environment), for therapy or diagnostic support, and also for e-health and telemedicine. The knowledge and skills provided in the curriculum include a strong basic training in the electronic field, with specialized skills in the fields of sensors and diagnostic equipment, of electronics and Internet of Things (IoT) for biomedical applications (i.e. for acquiring, storing, handling and transferring biomedical data and signals), and of analysis, modeling and post-processing of signals, images and medical-biological data.
- The ROBOTICS AND MECHATRONICS curriculum allows to find a job in the automotive, nautical, avionic, railway and electromechanical sector, also for companies dealing with industrial or mobile robotics, or in research and development centers specialized in the automation sector. Within this curriculum, the approach of control and systems engineering is employed to deal with complex systems, managing the interaction among the various components of a system and optimizing its operation. The main knowledge and skills acquired will deal with the identification and filtering of dynamical systems, the modeling, analysis, simulation and control of the main mobile robotic platforms available nowadays, with specific reference to robotics architectures and to control algorithms for vehicles and aircrafts.
If you want to find information about BSc. course, please visit the homepage of BSc. course in Electronics Engineering (in Italian)
Calendario didattico di Ingegneria A.A. 22/23
Provvedimento relativo al differimento inizio attività didattiche dal 26 al 27 settembre.
Si informano gli studenti del corso di Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering che presso STMicroelectronics, sede di Aosta, è possibile svolgere attività di tesi nell’ambito della progettazione di driver per motion control.
E’ previsto un rimborso spese a favore dello studente durante tutto il periodo di attività.
Gli studenti interessati devono contattare, inviando il proprio CV, a: email@example.com
Students of the Master's Degree course in Electronics Engineering are advised that at STMicroelectronics, Aosta headquarters, it is possible to develop their thesis. The topic is design of driver for motion control.
There is a reimbursement of expenses in favor of the student during the period of activity.
Interested students should contact, by sending their CV, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
19-set-2022Si informano gli interessati che, su indicazione della Delegata del Rettore per le attività di Placement e Tirocini, Prof. ...
Prof. Giaconia has organized a short-course entitled “VLSI DESIGN of Embedded Flash Memories (6th edition 2022-2023)” offered to the students of the Master's Degree course in "Electronics Engineering" as “Stage and others” (24 hours, 4 credits) .
Lessons will be held by Eng. Francesco La Rosa (STMicroelectronics) and will start on October 10th 2022 (please find below the detailed program and timeline proposal).
Registration is mandatory. Please fill in the form (https://forms.gle/xkdtzDsRn5m1bLue6) by September 30th.
VLSI DESIGN of Embedded Flash Memories (6th edition 2022-2023)
Non-Volatile-Memories: From Physic Principles to VLSI Design (an Industrial Perspective)
Preliminary Program (subject to small changes)
- Floating Gate NVM: Physics Main Concepts and related Architecture
- Flash NOR memory cell
- Flash NOR memory device internal Architecture
- VLSI Design of low & high voltage analog sub-systems for a Flash NOR memory device
8 meetings (15:00 - 18:00). Total teaching hours: 24
WK1: October 10 and 11, 2022
WK2: October 24 and 25, 2022;
WK3: November 21 and 22, 2022;
WK4: December 05 and 06, 2022
Verifica della personale preparazione per l’accesso al Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering LM-29, A.A. 2022/2023 - calendario
12-set-2022In base a quanto stabilito nel D.R. n.2855/2022 ed in base a quanto previsto dal regolamento didattico del CdLM-29 (al quale si rimanda per ulteriori informazioni), le prove di verifica della personale preparazione per l’accesso al Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering LM-29, a. ...
Si informano gli interessati che il Centro Orientamento e Tutorato dell'Università degli Studi di Palermo, tra le numerose attività che svolge, riserva particolare attenzione anche agli studenti internazionali.
- accoglienza e orientamento;
- consulenza legale;
- counselling psicologico;
- servizio di intermediazione alloggi https://www.unipa.it/mobilita/en/useful-information/accomodation/
- Welcome and guidance
- Legal consultancy
- Psychological counselling service
- housing: https://www.unipa.it/mobilita/en/useful-information/accomodation/
28-lug-2022Si informano gli studenti del corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Elettronica e Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering che presso STMicroelectronics, sede di Catania, è possibile svolgere attività di tirocinio/tesi nei seguenti ambiti: SystemVerilog Structural Netlist approach for Real Number ...
Onsemi is looking for Master Electronics Engineering graduates.
Further information in the attached brochure.
Martedì 21 giugno 2022 (alle ore 15.00), si svolgerà il Recruiting Day online Net Reply. L'evento è rivolto a laureandi e neolaureati del CdL in Ingegneria Elettronica e CdLM in Electronics Engineering, e in tale occasione verranno illustrati, direttamente dai referenti aziendali, i profili professionali ricercati e i relativi iter di inserimento lavorativo previsti.
Per partecipare al Recruiting Day online sarà sufficiente inviare una mail, entro il 15/06/2022, a email@example.com.
As part of the "Staff Mobility for Teaching" action within the Erasmus + agreement existing between the Universities of Palermo and Iaşi,
Prof. Daniela TĂRNICERIU, Dean of the Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology of the “Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University of Iaşi (Romania), and Professor of Digital Signal Processing and Coding Theory at the same University, will hold two
seminars on “Linear prediction and optimum linear filtering” and “Error correcting codes”.
The two seminars will take place in “Aula Savagnone” (Build. 9), Department of Engineering at UniPa, respectively on Tuesday 17 May 2022 (from 10:30 to 12:00) and on Thursday 19 May 2022 (from 15:30 to 18:00).
Further information here.
Prof. Kugiumtzis (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki) will give the short course titled "Parametric modeling of biomedical time series" from 3 to 6 May 2022 (15-18), while Dr. Hilal (Universitè Angers) will give the short course titled "Elements of biomedical image processing" from 11 to 13 May 2022 (15-18).
12-lug-2022Si ricorda a tutti gli studenti interessati che i CFU di tirocinio e/o altre attività formative vengono caricati in carriera mediante verbalizzazione. ...
9-apr-2021The Master’s Degree program in Electronics Engineering at the University of Palermo offers a training course taught entirely in English and divided into 4 curricula: Modern Electronics, Robotics and mechatronics, Bioelectronics and Telecommunications. ...
Herein you can find the digital version of UNIPA brochure presenting our University to foreign students that could be interested in enrolling our Degree Programs.
The brochure is written in a simple and basic language and provides students information about the University and the city, the international programs and the Ph.D. courses, together with the several services provided to the students.
Among the courses thaught enterely in English, we offer the MSc. program in Electronics Engineering.
9-apr-2021Palermo, the regional capital of Sicily, is one of those cities with its own very distinct atmosphere. ...
21-nov-2019The Master Degree in Electronics Engineering at the University of Palermo proposes a training course, taught entirely in English, divided into 4 curricula: Modern Electronics, Telecommunications, Bioelectronics and Robotics and Mechatronics. ...
You can find the most updated information and news about BSc. and MSc. degree courses in Electronics Engineering at the following site (BSc. in Electronics Engineering), in Italian language.