A Planning and Control System for Self-Driving Racing Vehicles
- Autori: Caporale, D.; Fagiolini, A.; Pallottino, L.; Settimi, A.; Biondo, A.; Amerotti, F.; Massa, F.; De Caro, S.; Corti, A.; Venturini, L.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2018
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Autonomous robots; racing; robotics challenge; self-driving vehicles; Artificial Intelligence; Computer Networks and Communications; Computer Science Applications1707 Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition; Energy Engineering and Power Technology; Renewable Energy, Sustainability and the Environment; Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering; Instrumentation
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/357671
Autonomous robots will soon enter our everyday life as self-driving cars. These vehicles are designed to behave according to certain sets of cooperative rules, such as traffic ones, and to respond to events that might be unpredictable in their occurrence but predictable in their nature, such as a pedestrian suddenly crossing a street, or another car losing control. As civilian autonomous cars will cross the road, racing autonomous cars are under development, which will require superior Artificial Intelligence Drivers to perform in structured but uncertain conditions. We describe some preliminary results obtained during the development of a planning and control system as key elements of an Artificial Intelligence driver for the competition scenario.