Homepage of MSc Degree Course in Electronics Engineering
Coordinator: Prof. Ing. Alessandro Busacca
Full Professor - Department of Engineering
In order to start the pre-enrolment procedure for A.Y. 2021/22, please visit the University Enrolment webpage reading carefully the information about Master's Degree courses.
For further information about enrolment procedures, contact the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The Master Degree in Electronics Engineering, with around 60 years of history, offers an interdisciplinary training program, organized in two years, and articulated in four curricula (“Modern Electronics”, “Telecommunications”, “Bioelectronics” and “Robotics and mechatronics”). Thanks to the acquired skills, especially through laboratory activities, graduates in Electronics Engineering can easily find a job.
Graduates in Electronics Engineering provide the answer to the need for transversal skills, nowadays more and more required in the fields of smart cities, Internet of Things, big data, secure and ultra-broadband telecommunications networks, last generation electrical networks, smart and electrical vehicles, domotics, mechatronics, robotics, but also of diagnostic medicine, new production technologies and modern power plant engineering.
- The MODERN ELECTRONICS curriculum allows to work on the design, development and realization of electronic devices and systems, in different contexts including micro/nano electronics, electronic design, electronics for industry, energy and automotive. The graduates will have acquired a broad spectrum of knowledge, ranging from physics of semiconductors, to the technologies for designing and producing devices and circuits, to the electronic characterization methodologies and measurement equipment.
- The TELECOMMUNICATION curriculum allows to find a job on the design, development, production, operation and maintenance of telecommunications systems, network operators and ICT service providers offering wired and wireless communications, remote sensing and teletraffic control, network security, critpography, cybersystems, smart grids and network data services. The acquired knowledge and skills will pertain to different telecommunication fields: broadband communication systems, 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), innovative modulation techniques, signal processing, Internet and wireless networking technologies and services, optical fibers, mm-Wave transmission systems, wireless sensor networks (WSN), vehicular networks, underwater communications and sensors, communications for unmanned vehicles (e.g. drones, authonomous vehicules), artificial intelligence, software defined radios, network function virtualization, 5G edge computing, cloud and fog network offloading, content delivery networks, radar, antennae, satellite, wireless localization, body area networks, cyberphysical systems, blockchains, and system management.
- The BIOELECTRONICS curriculum allows to work both in industries, healthcare facilities, specialized clinical laboratories, and also in research centers and universities, with tasks concerning the design, production, management, testing and employment of biomedical sensors, instrumentation and medical software for monitoring of healthy or impaired people (also directly at home, i.e. ambient assisted living environment), for therapy or diagnostic support, and also for e-health and telemedicine. The knowledge and skills provided in the curriculum include a strong basic training in the electronic field, with specialized skills in the fields of sensors and diagnostic equipment, of electronics and Internet of Things (IoT) for biomedical applications (i.e. for acquiring, storing, handling and transferring biomedical data and signals), and of analysis, modeling and post-processing of signals, images and medical-biological data.
- The ROBOTICS AND MECHATRONICS curriculum allows to find a job in the automotive, nautical, avionic, railway and electromechanical sector, also for companies dealing with industrial or mobile robotics, or in research and development centers specialized in the automation sector. Within this curriculum, the approach of control and systems engineering is employed to deal with complex systems, managing the interaction among the various components of a system and optimizing its operation. The main knowledge and skills acquired will deal with the identification and filtering of dynamical systems, the modeling, analysis, simulation and control of the main mobile robotic platforms available nowadays, with specific reference to robotics architectures and to control algorithms for vehicles and aircrafts.
If you want to find information about BSc. course, please visit the homepage of BSc. course in Electronics Engineering (in Italian)
28-lug-2022Si informano gli studenti del corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Elettronica e Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering che presso STMicroelectronics, sede di Catania, è possibile svolgere attività di tirocinio/tesi nei seguenti ambiti: SystemVerilog Structural Netlist approach for Real Number ...
Onsemi is looking for Master Electronics Engineering graduates.
Further information in the attached brochure.
Martedì 21 giugno 2022 (alle ore 15.00), si svolgerà il Recruiting Day online Net Reply. L'evento è rivolto a laureandi e neolaureati del CdL in Ingegneria Elettronica e CdLM in Electronics Engineering, e in tale occasione verranno illustrati, direttamente dai referenti aziendali, i profili professionali ricercati e i relativi iter di inserimento lavorativo previsti.
Per partecipare al Recruiting Day online sarà sufficiente inviare una mail, entro il 15/06/2022, a firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the "Staff Mobility for Teaching" action within the Erasmus + agreement existing between the Universities of Palermo and Iaşi,
Prof. Daniela TĂRNICERIU, Dean of the Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology of the “Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University of Iaşi (Romania), and Professor of Digital Signal Processing and Coding Theory at the same University, will hold two
seminars on “Linear prediction and optimum linear filtering” and “Error correcting codes”.
The two seminars will take place in “Aula Savagnone” (Build. 9), Department of Engineering at UniPa, respectively on Tuesday 17 May 2022 (from 10:30 to 12:00) and on Thursday 19 May 2022 (from 15:30 to 18:00).
Further information here.
Prof. Kugiumtzis (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki) will give the short course titled "Parametric modeling of biomedical time series" from 3 to 6 May 2022 (15-18), while Dr. Hilal (Universitè Angers) will give the short course titled "Elements of biomedical image processing" from 11 to 13 May 2022 (15-18).
Prof. Dimitris Charalambidis, Emeritus at the Department of Physics, Universtity of Crete, IESL-FORTH (Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser – Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas) in Heraklion (Crete, Greece), Chief Scientific Advisor at ELI-ALPS (Extreme Light Infrastructure Attosecond Light Pulse Source), Szeged (Ungheria), will held a cycle of lectures on “Physics and Technology of Femto and Attosecond Lasers”, within the activities of a UniPa Co.R.I. Project 2018 (Azione D3).
The cycle will consist of two lectures on 27th and 28th April 2022, 15:00-18:00.
Venue will be Viale delle Scienze, Edificio 6 (ex D.I.N.), Second Floor, Aula Calcolatori (S06P2067).
On the next morning, from 10:00 to 13:00, Prof. Charalambidis will be available for further discussions.
Informations can be asked to Prof. Salvatore Basile (tel.: 09123899064, email: email@example.com).
Further information can be found here.
STMicroelectronics has organized a course entitled “ST Leading to System Development” offered to the students of the Master's Degree courses in "Electronics Engineering" and in "Cyber-Physical Systems Engineering for Industry" as “Stage and others” (18 hours, 3 credits) .
Lessons will start on March 28th 2022 on MS Teams (please find here the detailed program and timeline proposal).
Registration is mandatory. Please fill in the form (https://forms.gle/Gbg5vFXi65RuJoYcA) by March 23rd
10-mar-2022Si informano gli interessati che giorno 15 marzo p.v. si terranno le votazioni per eleggere il rappresentante della componente studentesca per la Commissione Paritetica Docente Studente del Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Elettronica e per il Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering. ...
24-feb-2022Sono pubblicate nel seguente file le informazioni stabilite dai docenti del CdL in Electronics Engineering in merito alla modalità di erogazione delle lezioni per gli studenti rientranti nelle categorie previste dalla nota rettorale prot. ...
Si avvisano gli studenti del CdL in Ingegneria Elettronica / Elettronica e delle Telecomunicazioni e del CdLM in Electronics Engineering che le lezioni del II modulo del primo semestre si svolgeranno nelle aule e secondo le modalità di seguito indicate:
I corsi del primo e secondo anno della Laurea si svolgeranno nell'aula F180, in presenza a settimane alterne:
- il primo anno si svolgerà in presenza a settimane alterne a partire dal 22/11
- il secondo anno si svolgerà in presenza a settimane alterne a partire dal 15/11
in questo modo gli studenti avranno i pomeriggi liberi per studiare, pur non perdendo il contatto coi docenti.
I corsi di terzo anno della Laurea si svolgeranno in presenza in aula Savagnone, ad eccezione del corso Progettazione Automatica dei Circuiti del prof. Calandra, erogato solo in DAD
I corsi del primo anno della LM si svolgeranno in presenza in aula U140, ad eccezione del corso Metodi di Elaborazione dei Segnali del prof. Garbo, erogato solo in DAD
I corsi del secondo anno della LM si svolgono nell'aula U180, ad eccezione del corso di Microwave Instruments and Measurements della prof.ssa Livreri che si svolgerà solo in DAD
Il calendario delle lezioni è consultabile al link: https://offweb.unipa.it/offweb/public/aula/weekCalendar.seam mentre i codici teams per seguire le lezioni da remoto sono disponibili nella sezione "didattica online".
11-nov-2021The timetable of the lessons is available here: https://offweb.unipa.it/offweb/public/aula/weekCalendar. ...
12-lug-2022Si ricorda a tutti gli studenti interessati che i CFU di tirocinio e/o altre attività formative vengono caricati in carriera mediante verbalizzazione. ...
9-apr-2021The Master’s Degree program in Electronics Engineering at the University of Palermo offers a training course taught entirely in English and divided into 4 curricula: Modern Electronics, Robotics and mechatronics, Bioelectronics and Telecommunications. ...
Herein you can find the digital version of UNIPA brochure presenting our University to foreign students that could be interested in enrolling our Degree Programs.
The brochure is written in a simple and basic language and provides students information about the University and the city, the international programs and the Ph.D. courses, together with the several services provided to the students.
Among the courses thaught enterely in English, we offer the MSc. program in Electronics Engineering.
9-apr-2021Palermo, the regional capital of Sicily, is one of those cities with its own very distinct atmosphere. ...
21-nov-2019The Master Degree in Electronics Engineering at the University of Palermo proposes a training course, taught entirely in English, divided into 4 curricula: Modern Electronics, Telecommunications, Bioelectronics and Robotics and Mechatronics. ...
You can find the most updated information and news about BSc. and MSc. degree courses in Electronics Engineering at the following site (BSc. in Electronics Engineering), in Italian language.