Anni attivi: I,II
COORDINATORE: SALVATORE STIVALA
Homepage of MSc Degree Course in Electronics Engineering
Coordinator: Prof. Salvatore Stivala
Associate Professor - Department of Engineering
Apply for MSc. in Electronics Engineering
In order to start the pre-enrolment procedure for A.Y. 2022/23, please visit the University Enrolment webpage reading carefully the information about Master's Degree courses.
For further information about enrolment procedures, contact the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The Master Degree in Electronics Engineering, with around 60 years of history, offers an interdisciplinary training program, organized in two years, and articulated in four curricula (“Modern Electronics”, “Telecommunications”, “Bioelectronics” and “Robotics and mechatronics”). Thanks to the acquired skills, especially through laboratory activities, graduates in Electronics Engineering can easily find a job.
Graduates in Electronics Engineering provide the answer to the need for transversal skills, nowadays more and more required in the fields of smart cities, Internet of Things, big data, secure and ultra-broadband telecommunications networks, last generation electrical networks, smart and electrical vehicles, domotics, mechatronics, robotics, but also of diagnostic medicine, new production technologies and modern power plant engineering.
- The MODERN ELECTRONICS curriculum allows to work on the design, development and realization of electronic devices and systems, in different contexts including micro/nano electronics, electronic design, electronics for industry, energy and automotive. The graduates will have acquired a broad spectrum of knowledge, ranging from physics of semiconductors, to the technologies for designing and producing devices and circuits, to the electronic characterization methodologies and measurement equipment.
- The TELECOMMUNICATION curriculum allows to find a job on the design, development, production, operation and maintenance of telecommunications systems, network operators and ICT service providers offering wired and wireless communications, remote sensing and teletraffic control, network security, critpography, cybersystems, smart grids and network data services. The acquired knowledge and skills will pertain to different telecommunication fields: broadband communication systems, 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), innovative modulation techniques, signal processing, Internet and wireless networking technologies and services, optical fibers, mm-Wave transmission systems, wireless sensor networks (WSN), vehicular networks, underwater communications and sensors, communications for unmanned vehicles (e.g. drones, authonomous vehicules), artificial intelligence, software defined radios, network function virtualization, 5G edge computing, cloud and fog network offloading, content delivery networks, radar, antennae, satellite, wireless localization, body area networks, cyberphysical systems, blockchains, and system management.
- The BIOELECTRONICS curriculum allows to work both in industries, healthcare facilities, specialized clinical laboratories, and also in research centers and universities, with tasks concerning the design, production, management, testing and employment of biomedical sensors, instrumentation and medical software for monitoring of healthy or impaired people (also directly at home, i.e. ambient assisted living environment), for therapy or diagnostic support, and also for e-health and telemedicine. The knowledge and skills provided in the curriculum include a strong basic training in the electronic field, with specialized skills in the fields of sensors and diagnostic equipment, of electronics and Internet of Things (IoT) for biomedical applications (i.e. for acquiring, storing, handling and transferring biomedical data and signals), and of analysis, modeling and post-processing of signals, images and medical-biological data.
- The ROBOTICS AND MECHATRONICS curriculum allows to find a job in the automotive, nautical, avionic, railway and electromechanical sector, also for companies dealing with industrial or mobile robotics, or in research and development centers specialized in the automation sector. Within this curriculum, the approach of control and systems engineering is employed to deal with complex systems, managing the interaction among the various components of a system and optimizing its operation. The main knowledge and skills acquired will deal with the identification and filtering of dynamical systems, the modeling, analysis, simulation and control of the main mobile robotic platforms available nowadays, with specific reference to robotics architectures and to control algorithms for vehicles and aircrafts.
For further information, please contact the Course Coordinator, Prof. Salvatore Stivala, or the Admission Board Responsible, Prof. Salvatore Basile.
Contacts, services and facilities
Learning outcomes and Professional Opportunities
Foreign affairs Ministry Scholarship grants
If you want to find information about BSc. course, please visit the homepage of BSc. course in Electronics Engineering (in Italian)
International Students - Guides
Recruiting Day Amaris Consulting
Il Servizio Placement d’Ateneo ha organizzato, mercoledì 15 marzo 2023 (alle ore 10.00), il Recruiting Day online Amaris Consulting, rivolto a laureandi e laureati in ingegneria elettrica, elettronica, delle telecomunicazioni, ingegneria informatica, ingegneria meccanica e aerospaziale, matematica, informatica, chimica e tecnologie farmaceutiche, in occasione del quale verranno illustrati, direttamente dai referenti aziendali, i profili professionali ricercati e i relativi iter di inserimento lavorativo previsti.
Maggiori informazioni all'interno della notizia.
System Development with STMicroelectronics
STMicroelectronics proposes a course entitled “System Development with STMicroelectronics” offered to the students of the Master's Degree courses in "Electronics Engineering" and in "Cyber-Physical Systems Engineering for Industry" as “Stage and others” (30 hours, 6 credits) .
Lessons will be held on-line each Monday starting from 6th March to 5th June 2023.
Registration is mandatory. Please fill in the form (https://forms.gle/Gbg5vFXi65RuJoYcA) by March 1st
Further details on the flyer.
Comunicazioni sulle attività didattiche - dicembre 2022
Al fine di limitare i disagi conseguenti agli improcrastinabili lavori di manutenzione avviati in alcune aule dipartimentali, il Prorettore alla Didattica e alla internazionalizzazione ha autorizzato l’erogazione delle attività didattiche in modalità “a distanza” con utilizzo a rotazione delle maggiori aule secondo lo schema sotto indicato.
Le lezioni programmate in tutte le altre aule si svolgeranno regolarmente in presenza.
Whirlpool Meets UniPa - Next Steps - Autumn 2022
Students are invited to participate to the "Whirlpool Meets UniPa - Next Steps - Autumn 2022" that will take place on November 28, 2022.
Further information in the flyer.
Minicorso su Emerging Network Technologies
Si informano gli studenti interessati che la prof.ssa Tinnirello ha organizzato, assieme ai proff. Mangione e Croce, un minicorso su Emerging Network Technologies, le cui lezioni saranno tenute dal prof. Giovanni Neglia, nei giorni venerdi' 18, lunedi' 21 e martedi' 22 a partire dalle 15 in aula O011, sugli argomenti riportati in calce (per un totale di 8 ore).
Il minicorso verterà su argomenti un po' avanzati su alcune tecniche emergenti di machine learning, il cui programma è riportato all'interno della notizia.
Verranno attribuiti 2 CFU agli studenti del Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering che avranno seguito i seminari e superato la prova finale prevista.
Open positions - Onsemi
20-ott-2022onsemi has no. 2 open positions for Electronics Engineering graduates, job location: Milan. For further information or to send CV, please contact Dr. Alessandro Maggioni. - DIGITAL Designer Onsemi's Cloud Power group is hiring some Digital design engineers (new graduate with master degree). ...
Evento 20 anni sito STMicroelectronics Palermo - 25 ottobre 2022
Si informano gli interessati che martedì 25 ottobre, dalle 16 alle 20, presso l’Aula Magna del Dipartimento di Ingegneria si svolgerà l'evento “20 Years Palermo site", organizzato da STMicroelectronics.
Per celebrarlo saremo martedì 25 ottobre, dalle 16 alle 20, presso l’Aula Magna del dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Università di Palermo.
Sarà l’occasione per presentare le principali attività svolte nel sito, i prodotti a cui abbiamo lavorato, i progetti ai quali stiamo lavorando e allo stesso tempo coinvolgere gli studenti.
Mediante decreto è stata effettuata la sospensione delle lezioni per gli studenti del corso di Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering e del terzo anno del Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Elettronica, al fine di consentire la loro partecipazione all’evento.
Calendario didattico di Ingegneria A.A. 22/23
Calendario didattico di Ingegneria A.A. 22/23
Provvedimento relativo al differimento inizio attività didattiche dal 26 al 27 settembre.
Sviluppo tesi presso STMicroelectronics / Thesis development at STMicroelectronics
Si informano gli studenti del corso di Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering che presso STMicroelectronics, sede di Aosta, è possibile svolgere attività di tesi nell’ambito della progettazione di driver per motion control.
E’ previsto un rimborso spese a favore dello studente durante tutto il periodo di attività.
Gli studenti interessati devono contattare, inviando il proprio CV, a: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students of the Master's Degree course in Electronics Engineering are advised that at STMicroelectronics, Aosta headquarters, it is possible to develop their thesis. The topic is design of driver for motion control.
There is a reimbursement of expenses in favor of the student during the period of activity.
Interested students should contact, by sending their CV, to: email@example.com
Recruiting Day Lipari People - 05/10/2022
19-set-2022Si informano gli interessati che, su indicazione della Delegata del Rettore per le attività di Placement e Tirocini, Prof. ...
VLSI DESIGN of Embedded Flash Memories (6th edition 2022-2023)
Prof. Giaconia has organized a short-course entitled “VLSI DESIGN of Embedded Flash Memories (6th edition 2022-2023)” offered to the students of the Master's Degree course in "Electronics Engineering" as “Stage and others” (24 hours, 4 credits) .
Lessons will be held by Eng. Francesco La Rosa (STMicroelectronics) and will start on October 10th 2022 (please find below the detailed program and timeline proposal).
Registration is mandatory. Please fill in the form (https://forms.gle/xkdtzDsRn5m1bLue6) by September 30th.
VLSI DESIGN of Embedded Flash Memories (6th edition 2022-2023)
Non-Volatile-Memories: From Physic Principles to VLSI Design (an Industrial Perspective)
Preliminary Program (subject to small changes)
- Floating Gate NVM: Physics Main Concepts and related Architecture
- Flash NOR memory cell
- Flash NOR memory device internal Architecture
- VLSI Design of low & high voltage analog sub-systems for a Flash NOR memory device
8 meetings (15:00 - 18:00). Total teaching hours: 24
WK1: October 10 and 11, 2022
WK2: October 24 and 25, 2022;
WK3: November 21 and 22, 2022;
WK4: December 05 and 06, 2022
Verifica della personale preparazione per l’accesso al Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering LM-29, A.A. 2022/2023 - calendario
12-set-2022In base a quanto stabilito nel D.R. n.2855/2022 ed in base a quanto previsto dal regolamento didattico del CdLM-29 (al quale si rimanda per ulteriori informazioni), le prove di verifica della personale preparazione per l’accesso al Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Electronics Engineering LM-29, a. ...
Procedura verbalizzazione altre attività formative
12-lug-2022Si ricorda a tutti gli studenti interessati che i CFU di tirocinio e/o altre attività formative vengono caricati in carriera mediante verbalizzazione. ...
9-apr-2021The Master’s Degree program in Electronics Engineering at the University of Palermo offers a training course taught entirely in English and divided into 4 curricula: Modern Electronics, Robotics and mechatronics, Bioelectronics and Telecommunications. ...
Brochure for foreign students - Brochure per studenti stranieri
Herein you can find the digital version of UNIPA brochure presenting our University to foreign students that could be interested in enrolling our Degree Programs.
The brochure is written in a simple and basic language and provides students information about the University and the city, the international programs and the Ph.D. courses, together with the several services provided to the students.
Among the courses thaught enterely in English, we offer the MSc. program in Electronics Engineering.
Palermo - city info
9-apr-2021Palermo, the regional capital of Sicily, is one of those cities with its own very distinct atmosphere. ...
21-nov-2019The Master Degree in Electronics Engineering at the University of Palermo proposes a training course, taught entirely in English, divided into 4 curricula: Modern Electronics, Telecommunications, Bioelectronics and Robotics and Mechatronics. ...
Homepage of BSc. and MSc. website of Electronics Engineering degrees
You can find the most updated information and news about BSc. and MSc. degree courses in Electronics Engineering at the following site (BSc. in Electronics Engineering), in Italian language.