Imaging approach for evaluation of focal liver lesions
- Autori: Marin, D.; Furlan, A.; Federle, M.; Midiri, M.; Brancatelli, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: focal liver lesions
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/46913
Focal liver lesions are common in the general population. Radiology (imaging) plays a pivotal role for the diagnosis, staging, treatment planning, and follow-up of focal liver lesions. To maximize lesion detection and characterization, imaging needs to be performed with appropriate equipment by using protocols carefully designed on the basis of the underlying clinical context. In addition, the decision of an imaging modality cannot be based on the diagnostic accuracy of an imaging test solely but must also consider patient safety and cost-effectiveness.