FIS/07 - Applied Physics (Cultural Heritage, Environment, Biology And Medicine)
The research activity deals withatomic molecular and optical physics in intense fields, radiation-matterinteractions, environmental radioactivity, multivariate statistical analysis of meteorological and environmental data, cultural heritage items and radionuclides specific activities.
The following research areas are currently active:
- Interactions of atoms, molecules and solid-state systems with intense laser radiation fields.
- Multiphoton ionization processes.
- Statistical analysis of meteorological and environmental time series data.
- Radionuclides specific activities in environmental matrices.
List of the main research projects:
- Time series of wind speed and direction with joint distribution functions.
- Specific activities of 210Pb and 7Be in atmosphere.
- Laser assisted ionization processes by short XUV pulses.
Keywords: Radiation-matter interactions.Intense fields.Environmental statistics.Environmental radioactivity.