Properties and Structural Studies of Multi-Wall Carbon Nanotubes-Phosphate Ester Hybrids
- Autori: Massaro, M.; Riela, S.; Cavallaro, G.; Saladino, M.; Agnello, S.; Noto, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2013
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Multi-Wall Carbon Nanotubes Hybrids; Non Covalent Functionalization; Phosphate Esters
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/75890
Long chain phosphate esters bearing at least one or two aryl groups have been synthesized and used for the preparation of stable multi-walled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) hybrids. The non-covalent interaction ester/MWCNT has been in- vestigated by several techniques (SEM, UV-vis, 31P-NMR, RAMAN). The used phosphate ester derivatives demon- strated the ability to produce an excellent dispersion of MWCNT in CHCl3. The obtained dispersions showed a great stability from one to at least three weeks in the range of concentration considered. Thermal analysis showed an increase in the decomposition temperature for the hybrids with respect to pristine MWCNT.