Agro-food markets’ functional efficiency, products’ quality and information’s role
- Autori: Prestamburgo, Sonia; Sgroi, Filippo*
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2018
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Agro-food productions’ quality; Consumer approach; Information’ role; Markets’ functional distortions; Production economic efficiency; Management Information Systems; Business and International Management; Strategy and Management1409 Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Management
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/291298
Nowadays agro-food productions’ quality and markets’ economic efficiency are strictly connected and related to the increasing information’s role that is no doubt simplify by the global presence of the World Wide Web system. It is possible to assert that this kind of situation does not always safeguard information’s safety and propriety and at the same time consumers’ aware and complete choice capability. From a production markets’ economic efficiency point of view these elements contribute to create some kind of functional distortions able to prevent their proper working system under the economic theory profile and supply misunderstandings and informational asymmetries. These specific conditions seem to be able to produce disadvantages all at once to producers and consumers in terms of the natural relationship contest between demand and supply both in short and long term markets’ equilibrium oriented. As a consequence, the paper wants to highlight how the modern information’ role analysis and the agro-food productions’ quality value evaluation can contribute to the agro-food production markets’ functional efficiency improvement and also can reduce demand-side information asymmetries’ operative conditions.