Optimal pareto solutions of a dynamic C chart: An application of statistical process control on a semiconductor devices manufacturing process
- Autori: Lupo, T.; Sgroi, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2015
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Dynamic C chart; Multi-objective design; Semiconductor devices manufacturing; Statistical process control; ε-constraint method; Multidisciplinary
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/154008
The present paper proposes a novel economic-statistical design procedure of a dynamic c control chart for the Statistical Process Control (SPC) of the manufacturing process of semiconductor devices. Particularly, a non-linear constrained mathematical programming model is formulated and solved by means of the ε-constraint method. A numerical application is developed in order to describe the Pareto frontier, that is the set of optimal c charts and the related practical considerations are given. The obtained results highlight how the performance of the developed dynamic c chart overcome that of the related static one, thus demonstrating the effectiveness of the proposed procedure.