Real-time content-aware image resizing using reduced linear model
- Autori: Gallea, R.; Ardizzone, E.; Pirrone, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Image resizing, Image retargeting, linear optimization, visual saliency
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/59792
In this paper an effective and efficient method for contentaware image resizing is proposed. It is based on the solution of a linear system where each pixel displacement (compression or expansion) is determined in dependence of the visual relevance of the pixel itself. The linear nature of the model allows real-time application of the method even for large images. This fully automatic approach can be also improved by interactively providing cues such as geometric constraints and/or manual relevant object labeling. The results have proven that the presented method achieves results comparable or superior to existent strategies, while improving efficiency.