Room-temperature polariton luminescence from a bulk GaN microcavity
- Autori: R BUTTE'; G CHRISTMANN; E FELTIN; J-F CARLIN; MOSCA M; M ILEGEMS; N GRANDJEAN
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2006
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: polaritons ; Microcavities ; exciton-polariton condensates
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/30981
We report strong exciton-photon coupling at room temperature in a hybrid high quality bulk 3 lambda/2 GaN cavity with a bottom lattice-matched AlInN/AlGaN distributed Bragg reflector through angle-resolved polarized photoluminescence (PL). Coupling of the optically active free excitons (X-A, X-B, and X-C) to the cavity mode is demonstrated, with their contribution to the PL spectra varying with polarization. Under TE polarization, exciton oscillator strengths for X-A and X-B are about one order of magnitude larger than in bulk GaAs. Photoluminescence exhibits a strong bottleneck effect despite its thermal lineshape.