Therapeutic options for homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia: the role of Lomitapide
- Autori: Giammanco, Antonina; Cefalù, Angelo B; Noto, Davide; Averna, Maurizio
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2020
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: HoFH – Lomitapide – LOWER Registry – MTP inhibition – MTP SNPs
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/387950
Lomitapide (Juxtapid® in US and Lojuxta® in Europe) is the first developed inhibitor of the microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP) approved as a novel drug for the management of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HoFH). It acts by binding directly and selectively to MTP thus decreasing the assembly and secretion of the apo-B containing lipoproteins both in the liver and in the intestine.