A fast 3D BEM for anisotropic elasticity based on hierarchical matrices
- Autori: Benedetti, I.; Milazzo, A.; Aliabadi, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Fast BEM solvers, hierarchical matrices, anisotropic elasticity.
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/43432
In this paper a fast solver for three-dimensional anisotropic elasticity BEM problems is developed. The technique is based on the use of hierarchical matrices for the representation of the collocation matrix and uses a preconditioned GMRES for the solution of the algebraic system of equations. The preconditioner is built exploiting the hierarchical arithmetic and taking full advantage of the hierarchical format. The application of hierarchical matrices to the BEM solution of anisotropic elasticity problems has been numerically demonstrated highlighting both accuracy and efficiency leading to almost linear computational complexity.