Continuous-wave backward frequency doubling in periodically poled lithium niobate
- Autori: Stivala, S.; Busacca, A.; Curcio, L.; Oliveri, R.; RIVA SANSEVERINO, S.; Assanto, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Nonlinear optics, Parametric processes, Backward frequency doubling
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/57520
We report on backward second-harmonic-generation in bulk periodically poled congruent lithium niobate with a 3.2 micron period. A tunable continuous-wave Ti:sapphire laser allowed us exciting two resonant quasi-phase-matching orders in the backward configuration. The resonances were also resolved by temperature tuning and interpolated with standard theory to extract relevant information on the sample.