Strategies to allow students who are close to graduating, and who are unable to begin their internship, to carry out alternative activities to the internship
Apr 6, 2020
Based on the request from the Coordinators of the Study Courses of the Department of Political Science and International Relations, requiring to identify appropriate strategies to allow students who are close to graduating and who are unable to begin their internship, to carry out alternative activities to the internship, and considering the impossibility of adjourn immediately a meeting of the Council of the Department of Political Science and International Relations DEMS.
The following is established by decree of the Director:
- The "external" internships, which have already been carried out for 90% of the total hours established in the initial training project, will be considered already completed and students will be able to ask for their validation directly, using the format in Annex 1: "Request for validation of external internship carried out at 90%"
- The "external" internships already started and not yet completed can be considered completed if the student - having followed the alternative activities to the internship which have been assigned CFU by the Degree Council in line with the limits imposed by the current regulations of the Department and Degree Course - has reached 90% of the total number of CFU indicated in its Study Plan for the internship by adding the CFU achieved with the internship and those achieved with the above mentioned alternative activities;
- The "external" internships already started can be converted into "internal" internships and completed remotely - in smart working mode - at the request of the trainees - using the format in Annex 2: “Self-certification Internship”.
- Students who envisage the possibility of not being able to graduate in the July and October 2020 sessions due to the impossibility of carrying out their internships, may request to follow the "Decision Making" course as a replacement activity, following the operational procedures described in Annex 3 - Operational rules for participation in the "Decision Making" Course. This Course will end with an aptitude test which can be taken by the students using the format in Annex 3.1: “Request to perform the aptitude test of the "Decision Making" course” only if they have already passed all the subjects included in their study plan or if they still have to take only one last exam, with the obvious exception of the internship.
- Request for validation of external internship carried out at 90%
- Self-certification Internship
- Operational rules for participation in the _Decision Making_ Course
Nov 15, 2019
The university of Palermo provides mentoring activities for all the students looking for individual and methodological support.
The mentoring activity consists of:
- reception and orientation to all the courses for first year’s students.
- provision of educational-methodological support in case of difficulties in approaching to certain subjects.
- provision of personal consultation and assistance for:
- methodological support
- supplementary educational activities
- academic scientific and cultural activities, foreign studies opportunities
- graduand’s support in thesis’ writing and presentation,including bibliographic research support.
Oct 17, 2019
Prof. Dai YOKOMIZO
(Visting professor of Unipa - full Professor of International Law - Nagoya University)
17/10/2019 | 10,00 - 12,00 Aula Dems | Via U. A. Amico 4
18/10/2019 | 10,00 - 12,00 Aula Dems | Via U. A. Amico 4 18/10/2019 | 15,00 - 17,00 Aula Dems | Via U. A. Amico 4
Prof. Giorgio Fabio COLOMBO
(Associate Prof. of Comparative Law - Nagoya University - Path of Excellence of MA in International Relations Unipa)
17/10/2019 | 12,00 - 14,00 | Aula Dems | Via U. A. Amico 4
17/10/2019 | 15,00 -18,00 | Aula 1 ed. 19 | Viale delle Scienze | main campus unipa
May 21, 2019
16 -22 maggio 2018, presso il Dipartimento di Scienze Politiche e delle Relazioni Internazionali