Aree di ricerca
Research at the Department of Economics, Business and Statistics is a multi-disciplinary activity which covers the main areas of economics, statistics and management. Our researchers are committed to deliver high level scientific research and they are engaged in national and international research projects and collaborations.
We believe that high level research nourishes through new ideas challenging the accepted paradigms. To this end, we offer a PhD course in Economics and Statistics whose aim is to endow students with relevant skills and knowledge both in theoretical and empirical aspects of Economics and Statistics. We put great effort to produce top-quality researchers, who will gain international experience working within the research units of our department.
An illustrative, but not exhaustive, list of research fields our researchers are involved includes:
- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods: Optimization techniques, Programming models, Computational techniques, Simulation modeling, Quantitative policy modeling, Big data analytics, Network analysis, Large scale optimization, Quantitative finance, Option pricing, Insurance models, Contingent debt instruments, Debt sustainability analysis.
- Financial Economics: Asset Pricing, Banking and Financial Services, Behavioural Finance, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Credit management, Financial Accounting, Financial Econometrics, Risk Assessment, Finance and Risk Management.
- Economics: Macroeconomic Policy, Monetary Policy, Fiscal policy, Forecasting and business cycles analysis, Institutional and Development Economics, International Economics, Auction Theory, Behavioral Economics, Decision Theory, Game Theory, Industrial Organization.
- Applied economics: Health Economics, Industrial Economics, Pensions and Insurance, Public Economics and Regulation, Regional Economics.
- Statistics: Biostatistics, Medical Statistics, Demography, Data Science, Computational Statistics, Statistical Methods, Quantitative Methods in Regional Science, Spatial Economic Data Analysis, Productivity Analysis, Business Analytics, Policy Evaluation Analysis, Tourism Data Analysis, Empirical Economic Analysis.