Skip to main content
Passa alla visualizzazione normale.

Centro Orientamento e Tutorato #UniPaOrientaOnline

Help desk for international students


The Service provides information and welcome to international students, as well as support for enrolment procedures. It also provides information and updates on Immigration rules and on all the bureaucratic and administrative procedures regarding international citizens. 

It addresses to: 

  • International high school students;
  • Family members of international students;
  • International PhD students;
  • Undergraduate/graduate international students;
  • Asylum seekers and students under international protection;
  • Italian students with foreign qualifications.

Welcome and guidance

Information and Advice about: Educational Offer, University services; useful documentation for the registration and enrolment of international students and Italians with a international high school diploma; residence permit issue and renewal procedures; pre-enrolment procedures from abroad  for non-EU citizens residing abroad; procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications, procedure for the release of “ISEE Parificato”; essential services  for international students living in the city.

Legal consultancy

This service, addressed to all enrolled international students, consists of: 

Legal advice for the International Service of the Centro Orientamento e Tutorato: in the procedures for the recognition of foreign high school and academic qualifications with regard, in particular, to refugees, international protection holders and asylum seekers; in the pre-enrolment procedures of  non-EU students residing abroad applying for reserved places through the Italian Embassies; in the study and updating of immigration regulations. 

Free extrajudicial legal assistance to students for the completion of all paperwork needed for obtaining the residence permit and for all the various administrative procedures related to the stay, with particular regard to refugees, international protection holders and asylum seekers. Relations (agreements, collaboration) with territorial institutions  (Social Service, Municipality, Police Headquarters, ERSU, etc).

What to do if arriving from abroad

If you are a student/PhD student coming from abroad, you may find below useful information for the administrative procedures necessary for your stay in Italy: 


Enrolment at University of Palermo: click here.

Dear student, after completing the payment we need to identify you to complete the enrollment. You will be contacted via email from our offices to book an online appointment using Microsoft Teams platform

Step 1

Download “Microsoft Teams” use web application at

Step 2

Enter your login credentials (

Step 3

You will find the appointment in the Calendar section and you will be able to participate to the meeting.

We’ll check the documentation with you

Step 4

If the check is successfull, the student is informed that he has to send their documents by post to the following address:

University of Palermo – Segreteria Studenti - Viale delle Scienze - Edificio 3 - 90128 Palermo - Italia

The student may also ask their institution to send digitally signed copy of the academic documents


Please note that the deadline for delivering your original/digitally signed documents is 15th December 2020

For further information please contact us on the following email address:


How to book an appointment

You can book your appointment in the office (on SITE) from Monday to Friday by connecting with this link:

You can book your on line appointment on Microsoft Teams by sending an email to:

Psychological counselling service

The Psychological Counselling Service provides support to international students experiencing difficulties during their daily life and studies at the University of Palermo. It enables students to identify the best strategies to face difficulties encountered during the University experience, taking care of the emotional dynamics involved into the educational, social and cultural meeting with the University system.

The Psychological Counselling is specific to international students who are enrolled at the University of Palermo and to incoming students participating in a mobility programme.

The Psychological Counselling is free of charge.

Sessions are scheduled by email: