Skip to main content
Passa alla visualizzazione normale.

Centro Orientamento e Tutorato #UniPaOrientaOnline

Health care


In order to obtain health coverage, you can either voluntarily register with the National Health Service (SSN)or you can take out private medical insurance. The National Health Service provides health care you can choose a referring medical doctor, who will take care of your health problems for free and will prescribe you medications, exams and any specialist visits. Registration is valid for one calendar year (from January 1st to December 31st). To register the SSN you must:

If you are a non-EU citizen

  • fill in and pay at the post office a postal of 149.77 Euros (cost of the service valid for the calendar year) on the postal account n ° 618900 addressed to the Sicilian Region with eason: voluntary registration with the SSN year 20___ ;
  • contact the ASP (Provincial Health Authority) office closest to your residential address (find all the addresses on the website bringing with you:
  1. payment receipt;
  2. fiscal Code;
  3. passport;
  4. receipt of the residence permit request;
  5. self-certification of residence or stay.

If you are an EU citizen 

And you have a TEAM Card you can access the National Health Service (SSN) in the first three months of stay in Italy without paying any registration. If you stay in Italy for more than 3 months, the European health card entitles you to benefit only from the necessary medical treatments, while for complete health coverage you must request, before departure, the form E 106 / S1 / S 072. If you have the E 106 / S1 / S 072 form, you can register with the National Health Service for free by contacting one of the local ASP health offices. The documents required for registration at the ASP offices are:

  1. self-certification of university enrollment;
  2. fiscal code;
  3. copy of passport or other identity document;
  4. self-certification of residence or stay;
  5. Module E 106 / S1 / S 072. 

If you don't have the E 106 / S1 / S 072 form, you can voluntarily register with the NHS by paying a registration fee and following the same procedure as for non-European citizens.