Bank account - Prepaid card
Before opening a bank account, it is useful to inquire about the rates charged by the various banks. In general, online bank accounts / prepaid card or postal cards offer students more cheaper conditions. When opening the current account, you will have to fill in some forms and present an identification document (passport or national identity card if you are an EU citizen), a residence permit or a receipt for a residence permit application (citizens non-EU), the fiscal code, the personal registration to the Municipality of residence or the declaration of domicile and a certificate of enrollment at the University.
The University of Palermo has entered into an agreement with the Unicredit bank, this agreement allows Unipa students to obtain the UniPa Genius Card.
The UniPa Genius Card has a zero issue cost and a zero monthly fee for students, employees, teachers and staff of the University of Palermo. To obtain the Genius card you need the same documents required to open a bank account.
It is also a rechargeable prepaid card with which you can:
- withdraw at no cost at UniCredit ATMs in Italy;
- accredit doctoral students' salary / scholarship;
- make and receive transfers (also through the Multichannel Bank Service).
Also you can use it abroad:
- take advantage of an exclusive discount circuit;
- pay your expenses in stores, in Italy and abroad;
- shop online thanks to the international MasterCard payment circuit and with PagOnline;
- recharge your mobile phone.
Pay tuition fees, MAV and RAV.