Skip to main content
Passa alla visualizzazione normale.

Centro Orientamento e Tutorato #UniPaOrientaOnline

Residence permit


Non-EU (non-EU) students, enrolled in study courses or individual courses, who intend to stay in Italy for more than 90 days, must apply for a residence permit.

The residence permit application must be submitted within 8 days of arrival in Italy.

The operators of the COT Desk Service for foreign students will help you in filling out the request for the first issue or renewal of the residence permit.

Documents necessary for the practice of issuing the residence permit for study:

  • the original passport, copies of the pages containing personal data, visa and entry stamp and copies of any other pages with visas and entry and exit stamps;
  • a copy of the Italian National Health Service (SSN) registration or health insurance;
  • a copy of a document certifying the economic resources that are necessary for staying in Italy. You can deliver the documents used for the visa application or an  extract from the bank / post office account or an official letter confirming the assignment, the amount, the duration of a scholarship;
  • documents to demonstrate the availability of accommodation in Italy;
  • a copy of the Pre-enrollment Application at the Embassy of Italy (Form A);
  • a € 16 tax stamp.

After completing the procedure and signing the forms, you must go to one of the qualified post offices (Sportello Amico) and deliver and send the kit.

In addition, upon delivery of the application to the post office, you must pay:

  • the cost of the Electronic Residence Permit (PSE) (€ 30.46);
  • the contribution for the Residence Permit (€ 40-);
  • sending the application by insured mail (€ 30).

At the post office, you will be assigned an appointment at the Immigration Office of the Police Headquarters responsible for photo signal operations. It is very important to respect this appointment.Pending the issue or renewal of the residence permit, the foreign citizen can legitimately stay in the territory of the State and temporarily carry out his work. In addition, the foreign citizen, for the purpose of issuing licenses, authorizations, registration or other measures that interest him,  as an example: registration on the availability lists for work, registration at the registry office of a municipality, registration with an ASL, can show the postal receipt with expired residence permit.