Effect of Composition on the Photoelectrochemical Behavior of Anodic Oxides on Binary Aluminum Alloys
- Autori: Santamaria, M.; DI QUARTO, F.; Skeldon, P.; Thompson, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2006
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: PHOTOEMISSION PROCESSES; IONIC TRANSPORT; FILM FORMATION; PASSIVE FILMS; CORROSION; TA2O5; WO3; CRYSTALLIZATION; SPECTROSCOPY; DEPOSITION
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/29263
The photoelectrochemical behavior of anodic films on Al alloys, containing titanium, tantalum, and tungsten (valve metals), has been studied as a function of alloy composition and anodizing conditions. Photocurrent spectroscopy has been used to get information on bandgap and the flatband potential values of different mixed oxides. Both insulator-like and semiconducting behavior has been observed for anodic oxides grown on Al-W and Al-Ti alloys dependent on alloy initial composition. Optical bandgap values, Eg,opt, of different oxides are in accordance with predictions based on the correlation between Eg,opt and the difference of electronegativities of the oxide constituents, indicating potential for tailoring solid state properties of ternary oxides.