Synthesis of yttrium aluminum garnet nanoparticles in confined environment III: Cerium doping effect
- Autori: Armetta, F.; Hreniak, D.; Marciniak, Ł.; Caponetti, E.; Saladino, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2018
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Ce:YAG nanoparticlesYttriaCe(III)Confined environmentw/o microemulsionPhase composition
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/297076
Cerium yttrium aluminum garnet (Ce:YAG, CexY3-xAl5O12) nanoparticles doped with different cerium amount were obtained by calcining the precursors synthesized via co-precipitation in w/o microemulsion for 1 h at 900 °C. The structural and morphological properties were investigated by using X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Infrared Spectroscopy (IR) and Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) coupled with Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDS) in order to investigate the effect of doping level on formation and microstructure of obtained nanoparticles. It was found that the composition of the final products strongly depends on the concentration of cerium. The formation of single YAG phase was observed only at 0.5% cerium. For other concentrations, a mixture of YAG and yttria phases was obtained indicating an effect of the cerium on stabilization of sesquioxide phase. Optical properties of the single phase powder were also investigated in details.