Aggregate air pollution indices: a new proposal
- Autori: Ruggieri, M; Plaia, A; Bondi', AL
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Air quality; air pollution index
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/47729
A new aggregate Air Quality Index (I2) to represent the global air pollution situation for a given city/region is proposed. Accounting for simultaneous exposure to common pollutants and their effects on human health, this index overcomes existing AQIs. Its goodness and utility is shown by a simulation plan and by an application to a real dataset on main pollutants.