Damage identification by Lévy ant colony optimization
- Autori: Cottone, G.; Pirrotta, A.; FILECCIA SCIMEMI, G.; RIVA SANSEVERINO, E.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: damage identification, optimization, levy, acor
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/53585
This paper deals with the identification of incipient damage in structural elements by non-destructive test based on experimentally measured structural dynamical response. By applycation of the Hilbert transform to the recorded signal the so-called phase of the analytical signal is recovered and a proper functional is constructed in such a way that its global minimum gives a measure of the damage level, meant as stiffness reduction. Minimization is achieved by applying a modified Ant Colony Optimization (ACO) for continuous variables, inspired by the ants’ forageing behavior. The modification consists in the application of a new perturbation operator, based on alpha stable Lévy distribution. Numerical application to three degrees of freedom system is proposed to show the method and test the performance.