X-linked intellectual disability
- Autori: Piccione, M.; Antona, V.; Graziano, L.; Consiglio, V.; Salzano, E.; Vecchio, D.; Lauricella, S.; Corsello, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2013
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Dysmorphic features; Intellectual disability X-linked; Syndromic forms; Medicine (all)
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/166146
The intellectual disability is found in approximately 2-3% of the population in a mild-to-moderate form and 0.5-1% in a moderate-to-severe form. The mutations on the chromosome X are responsible for both syndromic and non-syndromic intellectual disability. In the syndromic forms behavioral disorders, autism and/or seizures are frequent.