Fatigue life prediction under wide band random loading
- Autori: Petrucci, G.; Zuccarello, B.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2004
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: photoelasticity, automation, phase shifting, stress separation
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/18620
In this paper, a method for the high-cycle fatigue life prediction of components subjected to gaussian, stationary, wide band random loading is presented. It allows the user to evaluate the fatigue life of components subjected to uniaxial stress states directly from the stress power spectral density (PSD), avoiding onerous simulations in time domain. The proposed method can be applied to random stress processes having PSD of any shape, and the fatigue life predictions obtained are more accurate than that provided by most of the frequency domain techniques proposed in literature.