Mid-infrared intersubband absorption in lattice-matched AlInN/GaN multiple-quantum wells
- Autori: S NICOLAY; M TCHERNYCHEVA; J-F CARLIN; L NEVOU; E FELTIN; R BUTTE'; MOSCA M; FH JULIEN; N GRANDJEAN; M ILEGEMS
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2005
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: quantum dots ; Gallium nitride ; GaN/AlN quantum
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/27280
We report the observation of midinfrared intersubband (ISB) absorption in nearly lattice-matched AlInNGaN multiple-quantum-wells. A clear absorption peak is observed around 3 μm involving transitions from the conduction band ground state to the first excited state. In addition to ISB absorption, photoluminescence experiments were carried out on lattice- matched AlInNGaN single quantum wells in order to determine the spontaneous polarization discontinuity between GaN and Al0.82 In0.18 N compounds. The experimental value is in good agreement with theoretical predictions. Our results demonstrate that the AlInNGaN system is very promising to achieve crack-free and low dislocation density structures dedicated to intersubband devices in the 2-4 μm wavelength range.