Coherent control of stimulated emission inside one-dimensional Photonic Crystals
- Autori: Severini, S.; M., C.; Csibilia, M.; Napoli, A.; Messina, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2005
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: INHIBITED SPONTANEOUS EMISSION; 2-COMPONENT EIGENFUNCTION EXPANSION; QUASI-NORMAL MODES; OPEN SYSTEMS; HARMONIC OSCILLATOR; QUANTUM MECHANICS; OPTICAL CAVITY; WAVE-EQUATION; BAND-GAP; ATOM
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/18783
In this paper, the quasinormal mode (QNM) theory is applied to discuss the quantum problem of an atom embedded inside a one-dimensional (1D) photonic band gap (PBG) cavity pumped by two counterpropagating laser beams. The e.m. field is quantized in terms of the QNMs in the 1D PBG and the atom modeled as a two-level system is assumed to be weakly coupled to just one of the QNMs. The main result of the paper is that the decay time depends on the position of the dipole inside the cavity, and can be controlled by the phase difference of the two laser beams. © 2005 The American Physical Society