Volatile components of aerial parts of Centaurea nigrescens an C. stenolepis growing wild in the Balkans
- Autori: Formisano, C.; Senatore, F.; Bancheva, S.; Bruno, M.; Maggio, A.; Rosselli, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Centaurea nigrescens, Centaurea stenolepis, Asteraceae, volatile componentscaryophyllene oxide, hexahydrofarnesyl acetone, beta-eudesmol, spathulenol, p-vinyl guaiacol
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/46013
The volatile constituents of the aerial parts of Centaurea nigrescens Willd, collected in Romania and of two samples of C. stenolepis A. Kerner from Bulgaria and Romania were obtained by hydrodistillation and analyzed. The main components of C. stenolepis were caryophyllene oxide (6.9-15.6%), hexahydrofarnesyl acetone (6.5-4.4%), heptacosane (6.0-4.9%) and p-vinyl guiacol (4.3-5.0%). The main components of C. nigrescens were caryophyllene oxide (9.9%), β-eudesmol (9.5%), spathulenol (7.6%), heptacosane (6.1%) and p-vinyl guiacol (5.5%). The chemotaxonomic significance with respect to their colocation in Sections Lepteranthus and Nigrescentes, respectively, is discussed.