Measurement and Conservation of Species and Habitat Biodiversity at Different Scales on Small Mediterranean Islands
- Autori: Domina G.; Mannino A.M.; Raimondo F.M.; Campisi P.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2021
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio
- Parole Chiave: Distribution mapping; Floristic lists; Population size; Remote sensing
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/517040
In this paper we discuss current methodologies for measuring biodiversity, analyse pros and cons at different scales, and finally propose distribution mapping as the most suitable method for measuring floristic biodiversity on small Mediterranean islands. These territories often host endangered flora and habitats, and have peculiarities that distinguish them from the mainland and the larger islands.