Architecture of a digital PFM controller for IC implementation
- Autori: Capponi, G.; Livreri, P.; DI BLASI, G.; Marino, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2004
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: DC-DC converters ; Digital control systems ; digital controller
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/12221
This paper presents a digital controller architecture oriented to IC implementation. The classical digital pulse width modulator (D-PWM), using digital analog converter (DAC), is replaced with a Sigma-Delta (ΣΔ) modulator based on pulse frequency modulator (PFM) technique. Results of an investigation from a prototype for DC-DC converter, in terms of simulated and experimental performances, are reported, together with harmonic frequency investigation. The control function design is implemented on a field programmable gate array (FPGA). As a consequence of good agreement between simulated and experimental results, the proposed architecture realizes a digital control loop with dynamic performances comparable to analog control systems