Kromos: Ontology based information management for ICT societies
- Autori: Oliveri, A.; Ribino, P.; Gaglio, S.; LO RE, G.; Portuesi, T.; La Corte, A.; Trapani, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Knowledge management; Knowledge management systems; Ontology; Rule-base processing; Software reuse; Computer Science Applications1707 Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition; Software
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/192044
Over the last few years, several projects for the development of innovative systems capable of collecting and sharing information have been carried out, following the increasing companies' interest on a correct knowledge management. ICT companies' managers have realized that knowledge and its management, more than the mere data, constitute fundamental part of their activities. This paper proposes a Knowledge Management System whose main feature is an underlying ontological knowledge representation. This data representation allows the specialization of the reasoning capabilities and the provision of ad hoc behaviors. The system has been designed for the management of projects and processes and has been tested using data coming from projects and processes typical of government ICT companies, providing a Document Management System and an Expert System to share documents and to plan how to best use firms' knowledge.