DIFFERENT LOCATIONS OF ENDOMETRIOSIS IN 86 PATIENTS: A SINGLE- CENTRE STUDY.
- Autori: Vernuccio, F.; Peri, M.; Picone, D.; DI NARO, F.; Purpura, P.; LA TONA, G.; Salerno, S.; Lo Re, G.; LO CASTO, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2015
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Obstetrics, Epidemiology, Localisation, Ultrasound, MR, CT, Genital / Reproductive system female, Abdomen
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/120806
Endometriosis is an important gynecologic disorder defined as the presence of functional endometrial glands and stroma outside the uterine cavity. Prevalence of endometriosis is 6-10% in the general population, but rises to 35-50% in women with pelvic pain or infertility or both. The aim of this study was to retrospectively review the different locations of pelvic and extrapelvic endometriosis occurred in our Department during last 3 years.