THIOPYRANO[2,3-E]INDOL-2-ONES: ANGELICIN HETEROANALOGUES WITH POTENT PHOTOANTIPROLIFERATIVE ACTIVITY
- Autori: Barraja, P.; Diana, P.; Montalbano, A.; Carbone, A.; Cirrincione, G.; Viola, G.; Salvador, A.; Vedaldi, D.; Dall'Acqua, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Thiopyrano[2,3-e ]indol-2-ones; Angelicin; Antiproliferative activity; Photochemotherapeutic agents; Apoptosis
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/43873
A new class of compounds, the thiopyrano[2,3-e ]indol-2-ones, bioisosters of the angular furocoumarin angelicin, was synthesized with the aim of obtaining new photochemotherapeutic agents. In particular 7,8-dimethyl-thiopyranoindolone 6c s showed a remarkable phototoxicity and a great dose UVA dependence reaching IC50 values at submicromolar level. This latter photoinduced a massive apoptosis and a remarkable photodamage to lipids and proteins. Although it did not intercalate DNA, it was able to cause photooxidation of DNA bases.