3-[4-(1H-indol-3-yl)-1,3-thiazol-2-yl]-1H-pyrrolo[2,3-b]pyridines, nortopsentin Analogues with antiproliferative activity
- Autori: Parrino, B.; Carbone, A.; Di Vita, G.; Ciancimino, C.; Attanzio, A.; Spanò, V.; Montalbano, A.; Barraja, P.; Tesoriere, L.; Livrea, M.; Diana, P.; Cirrincione, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2015
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: 3-[4-(1H-indol-3-yl)-1,3-thiazol-2-yl]-1H-pyrrolo[2,3-b]pyridines; Antiproliferative activity; Indolyl alkaloids; Marine alkaloids; Nortopsentin analogues; Drug Discovery3003 Pharmaceutical Science
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/145699
A new series of nortopsentin analogues, in which the imidazole ring of the natural product was replaced by thiazole and the indole unit bound to position 2 of the thiazole ring was substituted by a 7-azaindole moiety, was efficiently synthesized. Two of the new nortopsentin analogues showed good antiproliferative effect against the totality of the NCI full panel of human tumor cell lines (∼60) having GI50 values ranging from low micromolar to nanomolar level. The mechanism of the antiproliferative effect of these derivatives, investigated on human hepatoma HepG2 cells, was pro-apoptotic, being associated with externalization of plasma membrane phosphatidylserine and mitochondrial dysfunction. Moreover, the compounds induced a concentration-dependent accumulation of cells in the subG0/G1phase, while confined viable cells in G2/M phase.