Pulse-duration dependence of the isotopic effect in simple molecular ions driven by strong laser fields
- Autori: Castiglia, G.; Corso, P.; Fiordilino, E.; Persico, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Molecular physics; laser-matter interaction; short pulses
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/56511
In this paper we discuss isotopic effects in simple molecular ions subjected to strong laser fields. We show that the intensity of the emitted spectra strongly depends upon both the nuclear mass of the molecular ions and the laser pulse duration. In particular, for short pulse duration [up to 8 optical cycles (o.c.)], we confirm the trend described in the most studied case in which the high-order harmonic generation is more efficient for heavier isotopes; in contrast, an interesting physical phenomenon is predicted for pulses longer than 16 o.c. characterized by an inverse effect in which lighter molecular species are responsible for higher-order harmonic emission.