AN INNOVATIVE SYSTEM FOR VINEYARD MANAGEMENT IN SICILY
- Autori: Carrara, M; Catania, P; Lo Re, G; Ortolani, M; Vallone, M
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Vineyard, Wireless sensors, Environmental parameters
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/50907
The aim of this study was to monitor the micro-climate of the grapevine in order to detect the adversities of the spring period (especially April and May), while reducing the operating costs of the vineyard, and increasing the overall quality of grapes. For this purpose a Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) was used. Furthermore, a comparison was performed between data measured by the wireless sensors and data provided by the fixed meteorological station of the Regione Siciliana (SIAS).