Anchoring symbols to conceptual spaces: The case of dynamic scenarios
- Autori: Chella, A.; Frixione, M.; Gaglio, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2003
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Action representation; Anchoring; Conceptual spaces; Robot vision; Situation calculus; Control and Systems Engineering; Software; Mathematics (all); Computer Science Applications1707 Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/288739
This paper deals with the anchoring of one of the most influential symbolic formalisms used in cognitive robotics, namely the situation calculus, to a conceptual representation of dynamic scenarios. Our proposal is developed with reference to a cognitive architecture for robot vision. An experimental setup is presented, aimed at obtaining intelligent monitoring operations of a robotic finger starting from visual data. © 2003 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.