SENP1 activity sustains cancer stem cell in hypoxic HCC
- Autori: Conigliaro, A.; Tripodi, M.; Parola, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2017
- Tipologia: Recensione in rivista (Recensione in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA; MOLECULAR CARCINOGENESIS; STEM CELLS
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/241665
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) represents the fifth most common cancer and the third leading cause of cancer mortality worldwide, with a minority of patients surviving at 5 years from diagnosis, despite treatment. HCC usually develops in conditions of chronic liver disease (CLD), mostly on the background of a cirrhotic liver, with liver transplantation at present being the only treatment strategy to cure both HCC and the specific CLD.