Salta al contenuto principale
Passa alla visualizzazione normale.

Who are international students


Universitaly - The University Italian in a click


Students with European Union citizenship, students with non-EU equivalent citizenship, Italian students with foreign qualifications, students with non-EU citizenship who are resident abroad.

You are a student with European Union citizenship (EU student) if you are a citizen of one of the countries of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary.

You are a student with equivalent non-European Union citizenship (extra-EU equivalent student) if:

  • you are a citizen of one of the following countries: Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Switzerland and San Marino;
  • you hold one of the following: EC long-term residence permit, residence card (carta di soggiorno), residence permit for the purpose of employment or self-employment, for family reasons, political or humanitarian asylum, or on religious grounds;
  • you have been a resident in Italy for at least one year and you hold a qualification obtained in Italy;
  • you possess one of the following diplomas: final diploma of an Italian school abroad or foreign or international schools operating in Italy or abroad, subject to bilateral agreements or special regulations for the recognition of qualifications and which satisfy the general conditions required for entry for study purposes (see art. 26 of Italian Law no. 189 of 30 July 2002);
  • you are a political refugee or if you hold an Italian residence permit for “protezione sussidiaria”;
  • you or one of your parents or your spouse is in service at a foreign Diplomatic Representation or international organisation working in Italy  (accredited with the Italian government or the Holy See).

You are an Italian student with a foreign qualification if you hold Italian citizenship and obtained the valid qualification required for access to your chosen degree programme abroad.

You are a student with non-European Union citizenship resident abroad (extra-EU student resident abroad) if you are a citizen of a country that is not a member of the EU and you do not possess the requirements to be treated as equivalent to EU citizens.