Study and restoration of a stucco decorative cycle with figures, attributable to the Serpotta family
- Autori: DI PAOLA, F.; Vitella, M.; Pellegrino, L.; Antoci, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2014
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: restauro conservativo; stucchi
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/103611
The article describes the innovative restoration of a decorative figured stucco, attributed to Giacomo Serpotta or to his family, with winged putti and a female figure sitting on a triumphal chariot. The work, in the past at the former Museo Nazionale and today at the Galleria Regionale di Palazzo Abatellis, can be dated between the late seventeenth century and the beginning of eighteenth century and is a testimony of the Baroque in Palermo.