Metal complexes of oxadiazole ligands: An overview
- Autori: Salassa G.; Terenzi A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2019
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: 1,2,4-oxadizole; 1,3,4-oxadizole; Metal complexes; Oxadizole; Anti-Inflammatory Agents; Antineoplastic Agents; Metals; Organometallic Compounds; Oxadiazoles
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/392795
Oxadizoles are heterocyclic ring systems that find application in different scientific disciplines, from medicinal chemistry to optoelectronics. Coordination with metals (especially the transition ones) proved to enhance the intrinsic characteristics of these organic ligands and many metal complexes of oxadiazoles showed attractive characteristics for different research fields. In this review, we provide a general overview on different metal complexes and polymers containing oxadiazole moieties, reporting the principal synthetic approaches adopted for their preparation and showing the variety of applications they found in last 40 years.