Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Organometallic Complexes Bearing Bis-1,8-naphthalimide Ligands
- Autori: Streciwilk W.; Terenzi A.; Lo Nardo F.; Prochnow P.; Bandow J.E.; Keppler B.K.; Ott I.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2018
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: Antitumor agents; Carbenes; Copper; Gold; Rhodium; Ruthenium; Silver
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/392772
Organometallic N-heterocyclic carbene (NHC) complexes with intercalating bis-naphthalimide ligands were prepared and evaluated biologically. Cytotoxic effects against tumor cells or bacteria were strongly ligand dependent with minor influence of the metal (Ag, Ru, Rh, Au) centers. Complex 8b with a rhodium(I) NHC moiety was studied in more detail for its DNA interacting properties in comparison to the metal free ligand. These studies showed a good DNA binding pattern with some preference for the telomeric quadruplex structure hTelo. Complex 8b was also shown to trigger additional coordinative binding to the DNA and therefore represents an useful tool compound with a mixed intercalative/coordinative DNA binding mode.