Melt stabilization of wet polyamide 6
- Autori: La Mantia, F.; Scaffaro, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2002
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: melt stabilization, polyamide, recycling, processing, stabilization
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/296443
Melt processing of polycondensate polymers must be carried out after careful drying in order to avoid any hydrolytic chain scission caused by the presence of water or other small molecules. In this work, the effect of two different antioxidants on the processing and flow properties of a polyamide 6 sample not dried before processing operations has been studied. One of these stabilizers seems to protect the wet polymer from hydrolytic chain scission. This action has been interpreted considering that the stabilizer hydrolyses instead of the polyamide macromolecules.