Some recent results on the compressive and flexural behaviour of composite members
- Autori: Campione, G.; LA MENDOLA, L.; Scibilia, N.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2005
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio
- Parole Chiave: experimental tests, composite columns, fiber reinforced concrete
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/27661
Experiemntal results from compression and flexural tests on steel tubulare columns having circular or rectangular transverse cross-section and infilled with plain or fiber reinforced concrete (FRC) are analysez. for composite members differenti lengths and different dimensions of transverse cross-section were considered in order to assess the influence on behavior in flexure and in compression.The fiber investigated with different percentage were syntetic, carbon and deformed steel fibers. The constituent materials were characterised through compressive and split tests on conconcrete cylinders. Load.shortning and load-delection curves were determined including the sotnening response. Simplified expressions for the calculus of the bearing capacity of composite members are given.