Informed consent in thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Autori: Scerrino, G.; Paladino, N.; Cocorullo, G.; Salamone, G.; Scarpinata, R.; Gulotta, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2005
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Informed consent, parathyroid glands, thyroid surgery
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/22171
The Authors outline the law problems and the practice implications of thyroid and parathyroid surgery from the point of view of the informed consensus of the patient, and expose the criteria they usually adopt in their clinical practice for such procedures. This problem is particularly important because is exceptionally needed in emergency; therefore the preoperative information must be completed as possible, illustrating the risks of the procedure and the possible solutions alternative to surgery.