Machiavellian encounters in Tudor and Stuart England. Remarks on Machiavel-li's fortune in England
- Autori: giorgio scichilone
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2014
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: English culture; Machiavelism; Machiavelli; Political British tradition;
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/224924
While focusing on the collective research about the reception of Machiavelli in England during the Tudor and Stuart reigns, the author reaffirms the specificity and richness of the link between English culture and Machiavellian thought. An «encounter» - this is the keyword of the research - that has taken different forms in time, from condemnation to celebration, and which has been a persistent and prolific trend of the intellectual and political British tradition.