Comparing air quality indices aggregated by pollutant
- Autori: Ruggieri, M; Plaia, A
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: Aggregate AQI, standardizing transformation, Relative Risk, relative variability
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/62314
In this paper a new aggregate Air Quality Index (AQI) useful for describing the global air pollution situation for a given area is proposed. The index, unlike most of currently used AQIs, takes into account the combined effects of all the considered pollutants to human health. Its good performance, tested by means of a simulation plan, is confirmed by a comparison with two other indices proposed in the literature, one of which is based on the Relative Risk of daily mortality, considering an application to real data.